“Amazing location... Amazing service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22700 Holiday Park Drive, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
“Amazing location... Amazing service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Value was great. Tuesday Manager reception... bottomless glass of wine, wings, veggies, meatballs...
After a long day of work, this is exactly what I wanted. The rooms are spacious, breakfast is complimentary and the variety is HUGE!... from potatoes to sweets to eggs to cereal... Close to the airport, FREE 24 hour shuttle, indoor pool, fitness room, FREE Wi-Fi... This hotel has it all! Did i mention they had quite a friendly staff? Thank you! ONLY thing I would improve is the communication for the shuttle... we waited for about an hour for them to pick us up... but hey... Nothing beats FREE! Would recommend to anyone!
Again, thank you.

• Stayed June 2013
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review, our greatest reward is a validation that our team has exceeded expectations. We are glad that you were able to stop by our Manager’s reception and utilize the time to unwind the long day of work. Although we try very hard to meet all shuttle requests on a timely manner, traffic and unexpected runs causes a delay so I would like to apologize for the wait time. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you soon.

Kristen Robertson

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
dc, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We always look for Hampton Inns wherever we go with our two young kids. We are never disappointed no matter where we go. The rooms are always immaculate. The staff is always accommodating and the waffles are always delicious. This hotel was no different-very happy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I will come back to stay any day. It was indeed home away from home. Staff is really friendly and helpful and I did not feel lost in the new city. Services offered are absolutely tailor made to suit urban/business/personal travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

One of the nicest Hampton Inns I've experienced! Very friendly staff upgraded us to a suite. Beautifully decorated property, everything looks new and very clean. Nice pool and hot tub. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MOBILE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this property May 24-26, 2013. To me we were "way out" (30miles) from D.C., but it is a pretty direct shot to get there. Very pleasant stay in room 206. Maritza was the room attendant, and she was above and beyond. Room was fine, but no fridge/microwave. Excellent breakfast selection. Front desk employees Jasmine and Johnathan were fantastic...everyone with a Hampton Uniform on was helpful! Parking was fine. I did not really get to check the surrounding area out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HamptonSuitesDulles, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience and our employees at Hampton Inn Suites- Dulles. Our hotel is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours, it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I understand that having a microwave and a fridge in the room is important to you, so please ask for a Suite Room on your next visit with us.
Once again, on behalf of the entire staff at our hotel I would like to thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.

Nick Shrestha
Assistant General Manager
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to the Herndon and Reston area. The staff is friendly and the rooms very clean and comfortable. Elevators are a little slow, but never had a long wait. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Room was very large with micro, fridge, penty of counter space, towels, and amenities. No noise from the highway out the wondow or from other rooms. Free wifi in the room with good reception.

Continental breakfast was included in the rate. There is a fairly decent sized pool and jacuzzi and exercise room.

Plenty of restaurants to select from in the area as well as a Wegmans store 5 mins up the road. This grocery chain offers groceries as well as "take out" foods like pizza, chinese, salad bar, etc. which can be a nice option if you are on a budget or just tired of eating in restaurants. walmart is also in the same area.

Pleasantly surprised by the complimentary washer and dryers. Most hotels charge at least $1-$1.50.

My only complaint was the AC did not work properly and the room was terribly hot all night. Called the front desk for assistance and waited an hour before calling again when nobody came up. Front desk sent the shuttle driver to the room with instructions in his hand to try and fix the temp. control. When he was unable to fix it a maintenance person came up and fiddled with it getting the setting to go lower. He left and the room stayed at a terrible 74 degrees all night. No cool air when it was 80+ outside wasn't pleasant for sleeping at all.

I was also disappointed in the front desk staff from checkin to checkout. Checkin seemed smooth - although no hilton honors recognition - until front desk clerk stopped me on the way to the pool saying my CC had an expired. I explained the card was updated on Hilton and I didn't have a problem in DC but that I would bring the card down right away. She swiped the card and then laughed saying "yep, it was the right card and info after all". In the AM, during checkout I found the gentleman behind the desk leaning over with his head resting in his hands like he had nothing to do. I handed him the room keys and was alittle surprised when he didn't ask how our stay was at all. Took the room key and said bye. I wanted to say something about the AC and the terrible temp problem but it didn't seem like it would matter at all to him. Very much unlike Hamptons I have stayed at in the past.

I would still recommend this hotel as it was reasonably priced, convenient and typical Hampton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Mysterie91,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent stay. I would like to thank you for being a loyal Hampton guest and to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the AC not working properly. Let me assure you that this occurence is not typical and can understand the frustration you experienced during your stay. We value your comments and take them very seriously and will work to make sure this does not happen again. We do stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and would be happy to refund one night of your stay due to the situation. Please contact me directly so I can process this for you.

Kristen Robertson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!