“Definitely recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
GreenLeadersGold level
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Definitely recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. The hospitality was a 5 star! I definitely recommend Hampton Inn and Suites to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable, and hospitable place to stay near the Dulles Airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed one night.. Only real gripes were that only one person was checking in a line of 6 people, and the reaaaallllyyyy SLOW elevators! I was only on the 2nd floor. If I knew where the stairs were, I would have skipped the elevator entirely.

Room was clean, quiet, and the temperature controls worked great. Internet was free and reasonably fast, breakfast was good, checkout was instant.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had to stay near Dulles airport due to a cancelled flight and wanted to use my Hilton points for a free night. SInce we prefere Hampton Inn over Hilton, we chose this hotel. No non-smoking room available with 2 queen beds so we opted for the King suite with sofa bed.
Overall the room was fine. The disappointment came with the sofa sleeper where our kids would sleep on.
Very poor quality!!! Very thin matress and no Hampton Inn duvet. The sheets were already on it but so wrinkled I was unable to tell how long they had been on there or how many people had slept on it before. When asked about the Hampton Inn signature bedding I was told there was no clean cover available so the wouldn't give me a comforter. I did receive an extra blanket (which I used to make the matress softer) and 3 foam pillows to replace the down ones (all the had available though we were a party of 4).
Once the sleepersofa is folded out, there is hardly any room to walk from the bed to the door.
Breakfast was great as was the free shuttle service to the shopping area.
But since we love the Hampton Inn for it's great beds, this hotel was a dissapointment.

Room Tip: Don't count on a comfortable night sleep using the sleepersofa.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I would like apologize for the experience you had while staying with us at Hampton Inn and Suites Dulles. I can certainly understand your dissappointment. Cleanliness is very important to us, the sofabeds are changed after each guest and the room has an additional blanket and pillow located in the closet. I will work with the team to ensure we have additional duvets available. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and the complimentary shuttle.

Hampton stands behind our 100% Hampton Guest Satisfaction Guarantee and we would be more than happy to apply this to your stay. Please contact the hotel directly and we can take care of this for you. Again, I am very sorry about your experience and I hope that next time you are in the area you will give us another try.

Safe travels!
Kristen Robertson
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed there one night as I had an early fligth from Dulles. Getting there from DC was interesting as driver had no GPS so he had to phone the hotel twice to get directions; they kindly helped him. Check-in was efficient, room was a typical Hampton room; quiet (even if facing highway) with a comfortable bed and speedy Internet. While the usual Hampton Inn buffet breakfast is advertised from 6am onwards everything was ready by 5h45 am including hot food so I got on the 6 am rather than 6h30 shuttle. Quick (less than 10 minutes) smooth drive to airport: you should register for the shuttle when checking-in. Finally, I want to note the following; on arrival around 10h30 pm I asked where one could buy cold milk nearby as I like a glass at night; the answer was to have a staff member unlock the breakfast fridge to give me (payment was offered and refused) a pint of milk. This was highly appreciated.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last year and very consistent service and accommodations. Great staff, very good complimentary breakfast. Convenient to Dulles and surrounding activities. No restaurant in hotel but lots of places nearby

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the suites (403) which was huge with king bed and pull out couch. Very spacious!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived early and were checked in prior to the check in time without any hassles. The hotel helped us find a place to eat as our daughter didn't eat American food yet. They even gave us a ride. We took a shuttle to and from the airport which was complimentary. The hotel staff was very friendly. This was our 3rd stay at this hotel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Mike R

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is always great to hear from our guests. Congratulations on the addition to your family!

We look forward to the next time you are in the area or flying out of Dulles airport again and we have another chance to serve you.

Kristen Robertson General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had an early morning flight out of Dulles and decided to stay here the night prior since they offer shuttle service. At checkin, the clerk not only had everything waiting for my arrival but asked what time my flight was in the morning and if I needed the shuttle and a wakeup call. About 10 minutes later, she called the room to ask if everything met my expectations. I did not expect that a night clerk at an airport Hampton would take the time to check in on my impression of the hotel. She had printed directions on hand of nearby restaurants so I was able to get a nice dinner.

The hotel seemed relatively new and in nice shape. My room was small but had an unusual layout on the end of the building with 2 huge windows, and the dresser/TV was a corner unit. It was also down a long hallway that seemed to go past all the staff offices. I appreciated that the bathroom had a shower stall instead of bathtub since that is my preference.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!