“wonderful place to stay, convenient to Dulles airport, very clean with comp breakfast and very friendly & helpful staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last year and very consistent service and accommodations. Great staff, very good complimentary breakfast. Convenient to Dulles and surrounding activities. No restaurant in hotel but lots of places nearby

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the suites (403) which was huge with king bed and pull out couch. Very spacious!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived early and were checked in prior to the check in time without any hassles. The hotel helped us find a place to eat as our daughter didn't eat American food yet. They even gave us a ride. We took a shuttle to and from the airport which was complimentary. The hotel staff was very friendly. This was our 3rd stay at this hotel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonSuitesDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Mike R

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is always great to hear from our guests. Congratulations on the addition to your family!

We look forward to the next time you are in the area or flying out of Dulles airport again and we have another chance to serve you.

Kristen Robertson General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had an early morning flight out of Dulles and decided to stay here the night prior since they offer shuttle service. At checkin, the clerk not only had everything waiting for my arrival but asked what time my flight was in the morning and if I needed the shuttle and a wakeup call. About 10 minutes later, she called the room to ask if everything met my expectations. I did not expect that a night clerk at an airport Hampton would take the time to check in on my impression of the hotel. She had printed directions on hand of nearby restaurants so I was able to get a nice dinner.

The hotel seemed relatively new and in nice shape. My room was small but had an unusual layout on the end of the building with 2 huge windows, and the dresser/TV was a corner unit. It was also down a long hallway that seemed to go past all the staff offices. I appreciated that the bathroom had a shower stall instead of bathtub since that is my preference.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Roanoke Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great service, friendly. enjoyed the extra service during breakfast. Would liked to have the TV's in the fitness center fully operational. The staff went the extra step to print directions for us. It was a nice treat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Besides being clean, this hotel has a two things that set it apart for me. We spend the night before our departure from Dulles and for a small fee we can leave our car parked here for a couple of weeks. The other big thing for me is in their large window there is a small window that opens. I love having fresh air in a room. And of course they have the airport shuttle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I'm "stuck" here near Dulles, after an airline caused me to miss an international connection.to Austria for a vacation, The next available flight is 2 days' away.

I've never stayed at a Hampton Inn & Suites. This hotel turned out to be a great place to stay because it far exceeded my expectations.. It's classy, immaculate, beautifully decorated, friendly, and not one employee here has a negative attitude. The rooms are soundproof, and even the elevators are impressive.

In the huge (yet cozy) lobby, there's a double fireplace with Christmas stockings hanging.

At the complimentary breakfast buffet this morning, Josephina welcomed guests with a broad smile that was genuine. She even came around with a basket of snacks and bottled water for those of us who wanted "to take something for the rest of the day". Her kindness and positive attitude meant so much after a missed international connection and lost luggage,

Kristen, the general manager, is incredible. She accomplishes ten things at once and makes it look easy. The shuttle van drivers, Hadi and Rock, are well educated and interesting conversationalists, and the housekeeping staff is terrific and thorough.

There's a pantry/mini store in the lobby that's open 24 hours a day. One can buy convenience foods there and put them in the microwave, or purchase beer, soda, popcorn, and other snacks. At 3:30 this morning, I saw adults in their pajamas microwaving individual pizzas like they were at home.

I highly recommend this hotel, which is part of the Hilton chain. That being said, I'm ready to cancel 10 nights in Austria in favor of staying here on my vacation instead.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to Dulles Airport, and all the rooms and suites are soundproof with blackou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I stay here every month twice. It's almost my second home. Service is great, politeness great, overall great. The best place to leave as a frequent traveller. Thank you to all of you.
See you all in 2013.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!