I usually stay in DC when visiting, but this trip required an early morning flight from Dulles so I decided to stay at a nearby hotel. The website for Hotel Sierra was interesting and the price was very reasonable. When I got to Dulles, I called the hotel and the complimentary shuttle service (a handsome black SUV instead of a white van) arrived in a short time). Everyone at the hotel was pleasant and very helpful. Whoever designed this hotel must have been a business traveler. Everything a businessperson could possibly need has been anticipated. I was given a Studio King--a beautifully appointed room (comparable to or better than most 4-star hotels in DC). From the perfectly appointed kitchenette to the high-end draperies and furniture and incredible comfortable bed with six (6) king sized pillows. Granted, it was a slow weekend, but I paid only $81.00 a night (before tax). There's not only a complimentary business center, but a laundry facility, fitness room and a 24-hour mini-market that contained just about anything one would need. the only thing I was disappointed in was there was no bar offering cocktails, BUT there is a nice Bistro with beer and wine and a nice assortment of
hot, freshly-prepared meals. I can't say enough positive things about this hotel--it is a real find!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling