“Truly, a home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North to your Saves list
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45520 Dulles Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Washington Dulles)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albany, NY
“Truly, a home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here while we visited Washington, DC. It takes around 30 mins (non-rush hour) to get to the national monument. But the room had a kitchenette which was so convenient. We went with another family. We could make sure kids had everything, make tea while waiting for everyone to get ready. Some days we even brought take out and ate at our convenience. The breakfast is absolutely great! We went there a second time -- our family only. We got a smaller suite, but everything else was the same.
My husband also went there by himself when he was flying out of the country. They are very close to the Dulles airport. They have a shuttle to the airport too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are very delighted that you found our rooms very convenient and our breakfast absolutely great.

We thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Best Regards,

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Excellent room facilities. Would be great for family in one room or self catering stay. A little way out of Washington but free transfers to airport with direct bus to Washington for $6, takes about 45mins to 1 hour. Taxi was $70. Excellent breakfast, nice welcoming reception area, log fire, small bar. We did not use spa and pool facilities. Staff were exceptionally friendly, patient and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We appreciate the high rating and we thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future next time you're in the area, whether business or pleasure. We look forward to serving you again!

At your service,
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had booked one night via Expedia at the Hyatt House for a business trip - when I had to extend my stay the very attentive staff gave me the same (preferential) rate, which was really great (especially with breakfast and internet included in the price).

I generally noticed the attentiveness of the staff: they went out of their way to fix breakfast for me even though I had to leave really early, and they let my colleague use their shuttle service even though he didn't stay there.

Combined with above-average rooms (great size, very quiet for an airport hotel) and a very clean establishment at a fantastic price the Hyatt House is a great choice for anyone who travels to the D.C. area on business or needs a stayover near the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our facility.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Booked a room for one night at the Hyatt House for a wedding. I was very happy with the price - seemed very reasonable. The day before the wedding, I began to hear from other guests, who had arrived early, that there was a pipe leak at the hotel and they had been moved to another nearby Hyatt. I had no problem with the change in hotel - things happen. The issue was that no one from the Hyatt House called to notify many of the guests, myself included. Luckily, I was warned by other guests that unknowingly showed up at the wrong hotel.

Since I had not heard from anyone at Hyatt, I called the Hyatt House myself to inquire about my reservation. I was assured that my reservation had been moved and was given the address for the new hotel. The day of check-in, I called the new hotel to confirm (after hearing from other guests that there were issues with their reservations being moved) and of course, they had no record of my reservation.

Disappointed in the customer service and lack of notification/communication, I called the Hyatt House and asked to speak with a Manager. I was told there was not a Manager there that I could speak to and that one would call me back soon. It has been 4 days and I have yet to hear from anyone at Hyatt. Very disappointing experience. A pipe bursting is certainly out of Hyatt's control, but their handling of the situation is not.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to contact you during the flooding and prior to your arrival. We had attempted to contact all arriving guests with contact information in the system. There are a handful of reservations that were booked through a third party and some with no contact information provided.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced. We hope that you give us another chance in the future. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff to ensure all our guests have a positive experience.

Kind Regards,
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed just one night as we were picking up family coming in from a trip overseas and they were arriving early the next morning at the airport. This hotel was fabulous! The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful the minute we walked in the door to the minute we left. Our room was quite large, very clean, comfortable and, given the close proximity to Dulles International, it was very quiet!! We stopped at the bar for a beverage and the bartender was very nice. In the morning we enjoyed a very good breakfast - as far as hotel complimentary breakfasts go - this one was great! Many choices and freshly prepared made to order omelettes. I would highly recommend this hotel! OH and the shuttle was perfect and on time too! Thanks Hyatt House - we will stay with you again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for the perfect rating and for you, to take some time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback in TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our services and accommodations.

We look forward to your next visit soon!

Safe travels,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place offers 4-star accomodation for 2-star price.
Huge rooms with above-average furniture and fully equipped kitchenettes, queen beds with nice mattresses and even nicer pillows, everything is clean and well-cared-for.
Good hot breakfast made of quality stuff (made-to-order omelettes are a nice touch, but even standard buffet selection was good - porridge, good cottage cheese, eggs, breakfast sausages, pastries, fruits etc.), gourmet teas and good coffee. All that for under $70, tax included, and comparable breakfast would have cost us (a family of 4) about $50, so the room was almost gratis.
We didn't have much interaction with hotel staff, but everything we needed had been done quickly, professionally and with a smile.
Yes, the location is a bit off the beaten path, but traffic on weekend was light and we got to the DC quick.
Highly recommended for family travel, if you want to stretch your buck a bit and don't mind a bit of driving.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate the detailed review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel of great value. Thank you for the high rating.

We would love to see you again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been using this hotel whenever I travel to DC area. I think this hotel used to be fantastic before being bought by Hyatt. I would say the positive part of this hotel is the room size. The breakfast is good, but the workers are very slow at refilling the food and drinks. Also, there was a sign that people can`t bring food to their rooms. This seemed rather cheap. I had been sick and still had to go to the dining area. Also, the room service did not leave tea and coffee for us two days in a row. The room service also did not leave enough dish detergent. Other than that our stay was average.

• Stayed December 2013
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule and sharing your feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Pam Domingo

Been to HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!