“Great for extended stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

You added HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North to your Saves list
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45520 Dulles Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Washington Dulles)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersBronze level
nm
“Great for extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here while my husband was working nearby. Kitchen was great with all the gadgets I needed. Liked the suite doors that could quiet the hallway noise. Didn't like the sensored AC. May have just been a setting we missed, we had to get up often during the night to adjust it.
Janelle Scott the awesome omelet chef and Shen at the front desk were extraordinary examples of good customer service.

• Stayed September 2013
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our room, staff and amenities as an extended stay brand. I will have my maintenance staff check the thermostat as it was not designed to shut off while you are sleeping. I appreciate your feedback!

We look forward to your return I the future.

Best,
Pamela Domingo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Western North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had entered the lobby after a long 9 hour drive and were greeted by the greatest of hostesses, Anna. We already had a prepaid reservation and were checked in immediately. We had nice conversation about why we were only staying one night ( we fly out to Kenya tomorrow) and then I offered to add her to my Travel Blog for Vintage Kenya. On to our room, and we were stunned at the spaciousness of it, complete with small kitchen, nice seating area and very nice bath suite. Considering the rate includes breakfast for two, free shuttle to the airport AND free parking for the duration of our trip to Kenya. Anna shared with us many people stay here for extended stay-- some as long as 2 years! When you consider all the perks, maybe this isn't that bad for an extended stay. I would definitely recommend this for those who are flying from Dulles for a week or two as it is the best location.

Room Tip: If you can use the kitchen, make sure you book a suite. We had one and really couldn't take adv...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Maggie's Girl,

We appreciate the positive feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will most certainly share your comments with my team members, especially Anna.

We hope that you enjoyed your trip to Kenya as well. It is a pleasure serving you and wish to see you again in the near future.

Safe travels,
West End, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights over holiday weekend. Very clean. Breakfast delicious with much to choose from. Nice TV. Great kitchenette. We would most definitely stay here again when we visit DC. Hotel is right next to highway and an airport so I was afraid we would here traffic and planes...but heard nothing! Slept well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and slept well this past Holiday weekend. Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your business!

Safe travels,
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I just stayed at the Hyatt House Sterling/Dulles for four nights. It was wonderful, with just a few minor drawbacks.

Pros:
The vast majority of the staff members are friendly and helpful.
The place is dog friendly (though a $75 fee is levied for short stays).
The breakfast is good, with a nice variety of food items.
The unit was clean.
The unit was spacious (1 bedroom unit with a separate bedroom and living room/kitchen).
The pool and workout areas were nice.
There were several grassy areas to walk my dog.
There were good sized TVs in both the living and bedrooms.
The chaise in the living room is nice -- it lets you stretch out without sitting on the sofabed).
The kitchen was well-stocked with utensils/supplies.
I liked the bathroom design, especially the step-in shower (I have mobility issues).
There is a separate recycling bin in the room!
The location is convenient to many businesses in the area.
I didn't eat anything during the evening H Bar times, but everything smelled good.
Complementary USA Today and Wall Street Journal.
Lots of convenient parking.

The cons:
The aforementioned pet fee. Unfortunately, it is now common in the hotel industry.
The maid seemed confused by the recycling and threw the recycling in with the trash.
The TV channels offered are okay, but I missed several of my favorites (yes, I'm spoiled).
Each day, at least one TV station would die out ("no signal") for at least a couple of hours.
You are not permitted to take the complementary breakfast back to your room.
The room doors all close VERY loudly. Luckily, I was able to close the bedroom door to sleep.

All-in-all, a great place to stay. My cons are relatively small quibbles. I was pleased with my stay and will stay here again if I need a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: I requested a room in a quiet area (so my dog wouldn't "alert" on everyone walking by...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and welcome both positive and negative feedback in an effort to continually improve and provide a better experience to our guests. We are also pleased to hear that you had a 'great stay'! We appreciate your recommendation.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

It was a wonderful stay. Nice staff, awesome rooms and dirt cheap if booked in advance.
I will highly recommend this hotel to anybody. As they had advertised you get luxury even when you are in a budget. The breakfast was too good too.

I was visiting DC but the 20 min drive was totally worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are glad that you found our hotel a value for your money's worth! We are happy that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our amenities and services. Thank you for the positive feedback.

We wish to see you again next time you travel in the D.C. area.

Raleigh NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular and loyal patron of this establishment for business and personal retreats.

For the first time in 8 years we were given a room with just beds... Claustrophobic in comparison and not even similar energy/ enjoyably comfortable experience.

If this had been my first (and. Not 51st) visit I might return for the lounge area and breakfast (perfect for family) but would not be excited about the space and comfort.

Bottom line, opt for king sized room with kitchen... If you need extra privacy there are king suites, but the space and energy are best withe the open king format.

Shuttles are always available, with a gas station, convenience store and quick meal restaurant across street.... And everything else a straight drive on Sully to wherever you wish to go.

• Stayed August 2013
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback! We apologize that we were not able to upgrade you to a room with a kitchen, most likely due to occupancy. We guarantee guests the room type booked and typically try to accommodate requests based on availability.

We are glad that you still enjoyed the rest of our facilities. THANK YOU for being a loyal patron!

Kind Regards,
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here, August 5-7, about 25 miles west of DC. Breakfast was excellent, rooms were large and roomy. Had trouble with the door keys, they kept losing their magnetic conductivity and had to replace twice. Pool and spa were welcomed relief after 8.5 miles of walking each day in SC.

Really I good stop on our way down the East Coast. Drove to DC, took about 40 minutes with heavy traffic, parked in DC for $22.00 per day and visited the city.

• Stayed August 2013
Pamela D, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We appreciate your feedback! We are glad that you chose to stay with us while visiting Washington D.C.

We apologize about the key inconvenience. Most magnetic keys are very sensitive and can be easily demagnitized by simply putting them next to your cell phone, etc.

Please come back and visit us again when travel takes you back to the DC/Dulles area.

Pam Domingo

Been to HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!