“one of the best hotel in washington dc area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North to your Saves list
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45520 Dulles Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Washington Dulles)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“one of the best hotel in washington dc area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This the the one of the best hotel i ever stayed inn. Very excelllent and hospitable staff. fd houskeeping the whole hotel staff is very helpful. They go beyond to make their guests happy. Specially Anna and Betty. Thses both fd agents are very helpful courteous. They are doing such an excellent job. i am going to refer every single person i know at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am very glad that you enjoyed our service and amenities. I will also share your comments to my team members, especially Anna and Betty.

We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
anigurl715
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt House for a little 3-day getaway sans baby. We had some things planned in the area and being near the airport at Udvar Hazy museum were both important to us. The hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was polite at check in and the cleaning staff always smiled and said hello when we saw them.

The exercise facilities are some of the nicest I have seen at a hotel of this class. There are 3 treadmills, 2 elliptical, and 2 bike (one is recumbent, which some people prefer). There is also a rack of free weights and a bench. Oh, and a digital scale if you're into weighing yourself while you are on vacation!!

The breakfast was standard. There is an omelet bar but the first day here there wasn't anyone there and they she showed up after I sat down with my scrambled eggs. The second day there was a line of 4 people waiting for the omelet chef to come back(?). I think that was my biggest disappointment.

The hotel really seems to want to accommodate your needs--from the "borrows menu" (for things you might have forgotten or might need (from pool noodles and blenders and booster seats)) to the line in the information book in the room about how if you see something you like in the room, go ahead and take it--and they'll just send you a bill for it. I sat and thought about this for a while--wondering how they would feel if I walked out with the bed? (or maybe just the pillows--they are kind of nice--or the blinds because they're the roll up screen kind...anyway no I didn't take anything).

There is a pool but we didn't use it (lots of rain while we were here) but it looked nice. I also saw a basketball court which was getting some use!

Overall, if we come back to the area again for a similar type of vacation, I would definitely come back to the Hyatt House.

Room Tip: If you like aviation and watching the planes come in, request a room facing Rt 28 so you can watch t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We appreciate your feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed our services and amenities, especially the fitness center and the 'borrows program'.

I apologize that you were quite disappointed with our omelet sation and will address this concern.

We look forward to your next visit next time you're in the Dulles corridor. Thank you for your business!

Kind Regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at the Hyatt House. Pleasantly surprised by the accommodations, staff and amenities - Pool, basketball court, 24 hour fitness and full breakfast (included in room price). USA Today and the Wall Street Journal were available during the week (for free). There is a little market in the lobby with drinks and some frozen food, snacks and those personal items you forgot to pack. Also - free internet.

The room was quiet even though we were quite close to Dulles Airport, right off 28 and the Toll Road. The room was very clean & had a full size refrigerator/freezer, 2 burner cook top, sink, microwave, dishes and cooking utensils, regular coffee pot. The king size bed was very comfortable.

On the days we were there - Breakfast selection included scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes, fresh cut fruits, yogurt, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, toast, breakfast potatoes and a variety of juices. The selection of meats and breads changed on a daily basis. We had no complaints about amount of food and how well it was cooked - it was all quite good. A variety of restaurants are close by for other meals.

I can see no reason to pay more for a room in the DC/VA area when such great accommodations are close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Ms. Deb T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our room accommodations, breakfast, other amenities and service.

We hope to see you again next time you're in the DC/VA area. We appreciate your business.

Best,
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in a studio room with a small kitchenette while vacationing in the DC area. I chose this property because of its proximity to where we would be travelling and because they offer a full breakfast and do not charge for parking. The photos on the website are true to life but don't really give a realisitc idea of how small the rooms are. The queen studio supposedly accomodates 6 people...it would be very tight. The room was clean and well furnished. There was a huge red stain on the carpet that they should have cleaned up and the furniture had several dents. I was disappointed to see that the tv did not have any HDMI inputs available.
The full breakfast is nice if you are staying only for a few days. They serve the same breakfast daily. The person making the omlets was not very good at making them though she was trying.
The front desk staff was cordial. And the houskeeping staff was friendly but a little incompetent. Though there were 4 of us in the room, they consistently left towels for two for 3 of out 7 night stay. I had to remind them multiple times!
Overall, the place is ok. I'm not sure that I would recommend this place nor would I stay at this place again. This was our first Hyatt House experience and it wasn't outstanding. We will stick to Embassy Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 703.435.9002

GM
Porterville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This facility offered everything we could ask for. Convenient location, ample parking, clean and spacious room, free breakfast and WiFi. They even had a small store-like area in the lobby where you could purchase anything from beer to asprin to pre-made meals like sandwiches or Hot Pockets.

Every staff member we encountered during our 3-night stay was friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was very nice and included all the basics like milk, juice, toast, cereal, fruit, eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, and made-to-order omlettes. We took advantage of this each morning.

Rooms were large with a small kitchenette. We didn't do any cooking, but used the refrigerator and the extra counter space at the bar came in handy when my two females were trying to get ready at the same time.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and found our staff as 'friendly and helpful'. I will pass on your comments to my team members.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future and thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here numerous times over the past two years. My husband's employer is nearby. He travels here every few months, from our home in Ohio, and I come along to learn the area as I knew we would be moving here once our home sold. We've finally moved here, so I won't be staying there anymore but it was a wonderful hotel. The rooms are exceptionally large and comfortable, and the location is excellent. We enjoyed the ample breakfast buffet and the airport shuttle is very convenient. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, particularly Julian, who I believe is the General Manager. He bent over backward to accommodate any special requests and made us feel like honored guests each and every time we visited. Highly recommend this as a great place for an extended stay, and although I'm sure they cater to business clientele, they seemed to be very family friendly as well.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room. However, the elevators are rather slow and make annoying noises at each floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we appreciate your high recommendation! I am honored that you chose us to be your 'home away from home' as you relocate to the area. I will pass on your great comments to Julian as we all take pride to ensure that we take care of all our guests' needs.

I do hope that you're enjoying your new home in Virginia and you're always welcome to visit us at any time.

Best Regards,
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great place with a nice location for Dulles.

Even the normal rooms are large with kitchnette, excellent layout with large comfy couch and modern furnishings. Bed was comfy, wifi fast and free, amenities great as well. And staff friendly plus large well-lit parking lot. The rooms are spotless clean with some long-term issues the one negative (embedded dirt in bathroom but not a big deal). Oh, and the rooms are nice and silent both from neighbors and outside noise, so its pretty near perfect, especially for the price.

Location itself is kind of isolated without a car but free shuttle to IAD, and if you do have a car, two exits north on Rt. 28 has a Wegman's and large shopping plaza. Would definitly stay again if needed a hotel in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your candid and kind words. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel quiet, comfy and clean. I will certainly adress the embedded dirt that you found in the bathroom. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best,
Pam Domingo

Been to HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!