“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North to your Saves list
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45520 Dulles Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Washington Dulles)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business trip. The big plus points for this place are the price and the standard of room for the money, I had a suite which was a good size and really very nice. The downsides are there is nothing nearby, there is small bar but not really what you'd call a restaurant, so there's nothing much to do but sit in the room. Ok for a quick business trip as it is close to the airport, but, that's about it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback!

We are happy to hear that you found our rooms nice and spacious. I am also very disappointed to learn that we failed to exceed your expectations in our menu variety and location. Please know that we do have 'daily specials' we offer in addition to our regular menu. We also shuttle our guests within the 3- mile radius (based on availability).

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything during your next visit to the area. Once again, we appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel was really solid, nothing really to complain about, but nothing particularly great either. Rooms were very clean, fairly large, the only complaint was that the bathroom had very thin walls so you could hear everything. Wifi was sufficiently fast. Breakfast was okay. Pillows were terrible. Stay was really cheap though so no complaints there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments because we value all of our guest feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your quick stay and we will look into and address your concerns.

King regards,
GM
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our stay at this Hyatt was simply okay. We arrived late at night at the staff was friendly, but the room was not the as comfortable as I would’ve expected. Our bed was hard and the pillows went immediately flat. The walls were so thin they may as well have been made of paper; if ever you’ve wanted to listen to your partner use the bathroom in the middle of the night, this is your chance.

Breakfast was likewise a bit of a let down. The standard buffet featured all the expected foods and one idem that took us by surprise: coffee so undrinkably thick we could’ve used it to repair potholes in the parking lot.

In all, our stay here was alright—especially after we’d stopped at the Dunkin Donuts down the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback! We use all feedback, both positive and negative, to evaluate our products and services daily. I do apologize that we failed to meet your room and coffee expectations or the standard we have set. Your comments have been shared with our Corporate office for review.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Best,
GM
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had never stayed at a hotel with the level of customer service and friendliness this hotel has, except maybe for the Ritz Carlton and you pay for that if you know what I mean. The breakfast is incredible a buffet style but my favorite was the omelet station witch prepares an omelet the way you want the omelet lady even brought it to my table, wow ! the staff is great everyone is friendly, from the moment I check in the young lady welcome me and share information about the hotel she really made me feel welcomed, the gentleman that attends the bar was very friendly, I was very impressed to see the hotel manager Ms. Domingo during breakfast speaking to guest and asking how was everything, after noticing this I was not surprised why the staff was so friendly, they have a great example. It was my first time at a Hyatt house but if they are all like this one it will definitely be my first choice everywhere I go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! My Team and I take pride in what we do to ensure that all of our guests feel at home. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service and accommodations, especially our breakfast buffet.

Next time you're in the area, please make sure to come and stay with us again.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Hyatt house near Sterling/Dulles. This hotel was a nice find. We had a nice room at a reasonable price. The view from our room was pretty good as well. My boys liked watching the planes fly by and they also liked watching all the cars passing by on the highway. The hotel was very clean. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel had a wide selection of food and beverages for breakfast. We will stay here again when we visit the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We appreciate the positive feedback! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best,
Montreal QC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed one night, on layover - it was very close to airport, but more importantly, for the price was definately great. Quiet, spacious room, comfortable, bed and linens great, toothpaste in the room, we had a mini-kitchen that would have been nice if we were there more than 12hours ; ) And we had free wifi in the room !!!!!

They had a free shuttle but we taxi'd over on arrival, our flight was late and we were tired!

I had a problem with the reservation "I" made through hotels.com - but the staff went over and beyond in patience to rectify and assist me on resolving this. All was good although I ended up paying $10 more.... It was late (10 or 11pm) by the time we got there - so the 'lounge bar' was closed unfortunately. We looked at the outside pool (closed obviously in winter), and the gym was tiny with a couple of cardio machines and weights.

The free breakfast in a clean and spacious lounge area was more than adequate, and included a made-to-order omelette station, fresh fruit, various cereals and breads, etc.. yes nice plastic utensils, but definately not an issue. We ate around 6am, and shuttled away on the 630am free shuttle back to the airport!

Definately recommend it.....

ps: I think we had a handicap type room so not sure this is why it was so spacious, as the shower would have accomodated a wheelchair I seem to recall !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are glad to hear that you had a great stay even if it was so short. We also appreciate your recommendation!

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your future return.

Safe travels,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I booked several nights at the Hyatt House based on price, but it has been a really great experience. The hotel is located very conveniently to Dulles airport and to roadways into DC. I found the room to be very well appointed and have particularly enjoyed the full kitchen with full sized refrigerator and two burners in addition to the microwave and dishwasher. The breakfast has been very good, and they do offer some dinner options at the bar. It has the best guest pantry I have come across. The exercise room is basic, but has what I need to work out. The pool isn't open, given the weather, but looks good. There's also a sort of basketball/tennis court that also looks inviting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It was a pleasure to be your host during your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our locaton, staff and amenities great.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your return.

Safe travels.
Pam Domingo

Been to HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!