“Good hotel at a good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

You added HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North to your Saves list
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45520 Dulles Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Washington Dulles)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good hotel at a good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Hyatt house near Sterling/Dulles. This hotel was a nice find. We had a nice room at a reasonable price. The view from our room was pretty good as well. My boys liked watching the planes fly by and they also liked watching all the cars passing by on the highway. The hotel was very clean. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel had a wide selection of food and beverages for breakfast. We will stay here again when we visit the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We appreciate the positive feedback! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Pam Domingo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Montreal QC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed one night, on layover - it was very close to airport, but more importantly, for the price was definately great. Quiet, spacious room, comfortable, bed and linens great, toothpaste in the room, we had a mini-kitchen that would have been nice if we were there more than 12hours ; ) And we had free wifi in the room !!!!!

They had a free shuttle but we taxi'd over on arrival, our flight was late and we were tired!

I had a problem with the reservation "I" made through hotels.com - but the staff went over and beyond in patience to rectify and assist me on resolving this. All was good although I ended up paying $10 more.... It was late (10 or 11pm) by the time we got there - so the 'lounge bar' was closed unfortunately. We looked at the outside pool (closed obviously in winter), and the gym was tiny with a couple of cardio machines and weights.

The free breakfast in a clean and spacious lounge area was more than adequate, and included a made-to-order omelette station, fresh fruit, various cereals and breads, etc.. yes nice plastic utensils, but definately not an issue. We ate around 6am, and shuttled away on the 630am free shuttle back to the airport!

Definately recommend it.....

ps: I think we had a handicap type room so not sure this is why it was so spacious, as the shower would have accomodated a wheelchair I seem to recall !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are glad to hear that you had a great stay even if it was so short. We also appreciate your recommendation!

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your future return.

Safe travels,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I booked several nights at the Hyatt House based on price, but it has been a really great experience. The hotel is located very conveniently to Dulles airport and to roadways into DC. I found the room to be very well appointed and have particularly enjoyed the full kitchen with full sized refrigerator and two burners in addition to the microwave and dishwasher. The breakfast has been very good, and they do offer some dinner options at the bar. It has the best guest pantry I have come across. The exercise room is basic, but has what I need to work out. The pool isn't open, given the weather, but looks good. There's also a sort of basketball/tennis court that also looks inviting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It was a pleasure to be your host during your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you found our locaton, staff and amenities great.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your return.

Safe travels.
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recently finished up a two night stay at the Hyatt House Dulles and I was very impressed. The hotel was clean, fresh and very friendly. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms large and spotless and the breakfast was fatastic! The price was excellent and it's close proximity to the Dulles Air and Space Museum could'nt be beat. I would not hesitate to stay here again if a hotel is needed in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel 'clean, fresh and very friendly'. We appreciate the wonderful commentsl.

We look forward to your return and you can always count on us!

Best Regards,
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I never stayed at this hotel but I must say I will be searching for a HYATT house hotel anywhere I go. The hotel lobby, room and breakfast is wonderful!!! The only thing I would've loved is for the location to be a little closer to Dc or Potomic Mills eventhough it was only about 25 min away from downtown DC. I will definetly be making a trip back, friendly staff, clean rooms, wonderful breakfast, I couldn't of asked for anything more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for giving us an 'Excellent' review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and our friendly staff.
We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I love this hotel its chic and value. Nice big convenient hotel near the Dulles toll road and airport and right on the highway directly to all the things you want to go to . Very well designed hotel with clean and well kept rooms and great customer service and respect to all visitors. I felt like every dollar spent was well spent on the room provided. Nice flat screen TV and comfortable layout to relax and enjoy the moment. Nice fridge and tables. Nice walk in shower and set up.
Bed beautifully designed and sheets with perfect thread count. Plush pillows and open layout.
I say make a reservation and get a room and explore the area and get a good feel of what good planning gets you and value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hhousesterling, General Manager at HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you think we are a "very well designed hotel with clean and well kept rooms and with great customer service". It was a pleasure to be your host while staying with us. Please keep us in mind when traveling to our area in the future.

We appreciate your comments!

Moseley, VA USA 23120
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I frequently work in the Herndon area and have for years stayed at either the Dulles Hilton or the Dulles Hyatt. I recently stayed (3 nights / 2 visits) at the Sterling Hyatt House, and, based on my very pleasant experience, plan to stay here instead of my two old stalwarts.

The two rooms I stayed in at the Hyatt House, one a one bedroom the other a studio, were clean, comfortable, and well furnished. All appliances worked and were in good repair. The china, utensils, and glassware were in good condition and of good quality. Internet access was included and was fast and reliable. TV channel selection was terrific.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The included breakfast buffet, with made to order omelets was adequate, and, while not on par with the Embassy Suites, it is way better than what is offered at many other locations such as the Homewood Suites, or a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I am glad that you have now chosen to stay with us. I will make sure to share this with all my team members.

We look forward seeing you again in the near future!

Pam Domingo

Been to HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!