I take my reviews very seriously as I depend on them myself. So trust my review.
This was very easy to find by GPS and seen from the highway. FREE PARKING in a huge lot. Lobby inviting. We were upgraded at no cost to a suite w a kitchen. The concierge desk informative and personal.
Clean, spacious rooms. Good water pressure. Did not hear my neighbors. Beds roomy and sheets luxurious. In the room, were extra blankets, pillow, towels and also dispensers of shower gel, shampoo, lotion and hand soap.
FREE BREAKFAST w everything you could want. Eggs, home fries, omelets made to order,toast, bagels, muffins, sausage or bacon, waffles or pancakes, oatmeal and cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices coffee and tea.
They have a little menu for dinner but its limited. Good food but instead take the free shuttle to local restaurants instead!
Shuttle running to the airport every 30 minutes, sooner if they are available.
We came to visit DC on a budget. This was a wise choice for those on a budget. The closer you get to the city the more hotels cost. Then add at least $30 a day for parking. Not everyone has free hot breakfast. So we took the free shuttle to the airport. They dropped us off right at the 5A depot. 6 bucks each, we got a ride to the Lenfant Plaza metro bus stop. It takes 45 minutes. From there we could walk to the museums and some memorials. The bus runs every 20 minutes. Jump back on to Dulles and call the hotel for a ride back. Sometimes we had to wait for the shuttle coz it had just left the airport and was en route to hotel then would come back. Always with apologies to keep us waiting. Once it was already there when we got off the bus. All and all still convenient and for $98 we used the bus all week. Staying closer to the city would have been that much more per day.
This is a 3 star hotel. If you want your butt kissed pay top dollar for a 5 star. If you want a quality hotel that advertises 3 stars but could be a 4? This is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling