Very happy with my 4 nights here for business. The beds are quite comfortable with comforters encased in clean white sheets -- so much better than those horrid, shiny polyester bedspreads that some hotels still use. There was a kitchenette which I didn't use, a couch and coffee table, and desk/bar for work or eating. The bathroom is separate from the sink/vanity area. Spacious enough for a family, it was luxuriously large for one. The windows open for fresh air enthusiasts, although you hear the rather considerable road noise. Apart from the noise I invited in, the room was quiet.
I chose to eat at the bar 2 nights, not expecting much because it's not an actual restaurant and it's quite small. On the first night, the cook was out sick (good sign that he and his germs stayed away!) and the bartender somehow managed to serve drinking customers as well as the few dining patrons with hardly a delay. My grilled cheese sandwich was tasty with fresh spinach and vegetables on good quality bread. The soup and salad on another night were also surprisingly well-made. So don't be shy about eating a light meal here.
The breakfast has an omelet option as well as lots of fatty American breakfast items, but also homemade oatmeal (good for your cholesterol!), so I was able to eat a healthy breakfast while others piled up the sausage and bacon and home fries.
Lots of towels, soaps and shampoo in dispensers instead of wasteful little bottles (a nice green option), free & decent wi-fi in the room, didn't check the movie options on the big flatscreen. Honestly, the only negative I can come up with is the obnoxiously loud "DING" when the elevator hits each floor. So take the stairs. Oh, and location is way the heck away from DC, but you're not staying here if you're visiting the monuments. For local Dulles business, it's perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling