Pros: modern design, spartan but comfortable furnishings. Walk-in shower, only moderate water pressure. Great air-conditioning. Very good blackout curtains (we were with our 3 and 1 year-old kids who nap). Pool was warm, jacuzzi was not yet hot (just opened for season). Breakfast buffet was full of options (yes, an omelet station!) and coffee is very good. Wireless internet is free, and has great signal (we were in room 413). For dinner, choices were classic american fare at budget prices, with a very friendly server/bartender (don't remember her name). Some micro-brew beers were available. We could see the arriving planes on approach out of our double-glazed windows, but could not hear them. Don't know if departures would be audible.
Cons: We booked through American Express, which was our mistake. They put our reservation in for wrong nights! At the front desk, Betty was very, very helpful in accommodating and rearranging our reservation. Better to book directly with Hyatt or through online service, not with a human (fallible) agent on phone at American Express.
We found crumbs in sofa bed mattress. That mattress had no sheets on it. Anna, also at front desk, quickly arranged for housekeeping to clean crumbs and get sheets. She was surprised the bed had no sheets on it. Housekeeping didn't really get the job done for a couple of hours. Juana (housekeeper) finally came and cleaned.
Overall: Staff was super-friendly and helpful. Hotel was crisp, modern, budget but elegant. Location, well, it's near Dulles Airport, but absolutely nothing else. There isn't anything withing walking distance.
We paid around $100/night for the one-bedroom king (french doors close the bedroom off the main room). Great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling