Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teenagers) stayed at the Hotel Sierra for 8 nights in May 2011 for a family trip to DC. The Hotel Sierra offered all the amenities we wanted, within easy access to the DC area, for a very affordable price.
We checked in late, after midnight, on a Friday evening. We have had difficulties at other hotels with checking in late and not having our reserved room available. We were pleasantly surprised with the ease of check in and to find the room we reserved was the room we received. The staff was very nice and friendly!
There were many positives to this hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a king bed and pull out couch, which was plenty of room for our family. The kitchen with full fridge was a nice plus. It was also extremely quiet. We never heard planes or the people in the rooms near us. This was a welcome retreat from the crowds, chaos and traffic of DC.
This hotel was very affordable for the area, especially for the services provided. We found the best rate through the hotel website. The breakfast was great, with plenty of choices for our family. The omelets were a big hit, but we also enjoyed the bacon, muffins, granola/yogurt, bagels and coffee. We ate here for breakfast every day, and this saved us even more money to not have to buy breakfast for 2 teenagers.
The free wifi was very adequate to run our laptop and iPad during our stay.
We only had one problem during our stay. They only left 2 towels in our room, with 4 people staying in our room. I asked for several days for this problem to be solved, without a resolution. Finally, I spoke with a very respectful and polite man at the front desk, expressing my frustration. He assured me that this problem would be taken care of, and from that point on we have more towels than we needed in our room, along with some extra snacks left for us.
All in all, this was a very small problem. I appreciated the way they handled the situation and followed up with us. Problems will happen, but their handling of the situation says much about this hotel and staff.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington-Dulles Hotel Sierra delivers a fresh take on modern day travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 162 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating. Conveniently located in the Technology Corridor just 2 miles north of Dulles International Airport off Route 28. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Washington Dulles Hotel
- Sierra Washington Dulles Sterling