“Great staff, great sleep, great breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Quebec City, Canada
“Great staff, great sleep, great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

From check in to check out everything was great. Very friendly staff who are willing to answer any question. Daughter was sick one day and said it was the best room (very spacious) to be stuck in all day as we toured Washington. Nice basketball hoop out back for the bored teenage son plus a little putting green.
Exercise room small but well equipped and pool and hot tub are very nice. Breakfast buffet was very good also for a hungry family of four. Even though it takes about an hour to get into Washington by airport bus($3.20 exact change, bus 5A) we will return!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
FrankOhara, Owner and Management at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Hello Mailmanwill,

We are very glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience while you stayed with us to visit DC! We truely appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We take reviews seriously so that we can alway try and improve our guests experience.

It is too bad to hear that you Daughter was sick but we are glad that it wasn't too bad for her to have to stay in the hotel. Our rooms are 25% bigger than the average hotel room which makes it a lot easier to stretch out.

We are happy that your family was able to take advantage of all of the great amenities we offer to our guests like the illuminated basketball court and putting green as well as the pool, hot tub, and fitness center. It is also good to hear that you enjoyed breakfast because we know how important it is to start your day right.

We truly look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

The SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport Team

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Merrimac MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We didn't want to leave! Great staff from the people at the front desk to the lovely woman in charge of breakfast. The shuttle to Dulles was very handy in catching the bus that brings you into DC.

The breakfast had a nice selection each day. I didn't care much for the items in the warmer (it changed each day) but my son liked the french toast sticks. We enjoyed the waffle maker and its really a nice touch that they change the hot foods daily.

We were pretty much the only people using the pool and hot tub. The hot tub is hot! 104 degrees! The pool felt a little chilly to me at 84 LOL. My son loved the pool though.

At night they have cookies at the front desk and invite you to have some when you walk in the door. Parking was no problem whatsoever.

Found a great pizza place less than a half mile away called Emilios. Found them on yelp. Also had great ribs at Williards.

The nearby Walmart lost my photos or Fuji did and not sure if I am getting those back. The only negative on the whole trip.

Folks in DC can't be any nicer.

Orbitz told me in my confirmation that if I booked 2 nights I get a third free at check out. When I asked at check out the woman at the desk said it should be a credit from Orbitz. I was in a hurry and didn't have my paperwork but I did send an email today to the Manager and I have every confidence it will be handled.

Great place, sorry to leave and will for sure recommend it and go back again. There is so much to see in DC that I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
kberkhimer, Owner & Management at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2009
Dear Oceangal313,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dulles Airport!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and had a good experience! We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,
The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dulles Airport Team
West Sussex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We were actually booked into the Fairfield Inn and Suites at Dulles (Washington International) Airport. They checked us in, despite having a total power cut. After several hours, and the hotel being plunged into complete darkness/100 degree room temperatures, due to no A/C, we decided to vacate. Fairfield told us the nearby Springhill Inn and Suites were offering a $99 a night special rate for guests, if they wanted to transfer over there. We were very relieved to get there, and were dealt with promptly and efficiently by the front desk staff. The room was lovely, an oversized room with a lounge area at one end. The hotel seemed brand new, everything was clean and immaculate. Breakfast was good. The stay was so good that, had we not already pre-booked our reward nights back at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, we would have happily stayed on.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
kberkhimer, Owner & Management at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2009
Dear sussex50,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport.

We are happy we were able to accommodate you when the power unfortunately went out at your other hotel. It was our pleasure to welcome you and glad we could make your stay enjoyable.

We hope that next time you visit the Dulles, VA area you will stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport.

The SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport Team
Salt Lake City, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

If you need to stay close to the airport, as we did with after 10 pm arrival and before 6 am flight departures, this is a good hotel option. We were only 10 minutes from the airport, and the freeway access to/from hotel was easy. Not many food options in the area plan ahead. The rooms are all suites with separate sitting area so more spacious than many hotels. My only complaint was their inconsistency in honoring and pricing of room requests (for Marriott Rewards Elite Status Member). We stayed there one night beginning of our trip and were given a double room even though we requested a king room months in advance. This turned out to be a good arrangement, so when we checked in again on our last night at the end of our trip, we requested a double room. The front desk person told us it would cost extra for the double room and gave us a king room instead. And both times, we were on the middle floor even though we requested a room on top floor. Generally, I don’t have a problem with room requests being fulfilled at Marriott properties, even when the hotel is at 100% occupancy. And this wasn’t a big deal, but I would check your reservation carefully and make sure you have firm quotes on your room requests.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
kberkhimer, Owner & Management at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2009
Dear Yenicho,
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer service and appreciate the time you took to write a review.

Having said that, we are happy you enjoyed your stay but regret that you had a little difficulty with your room type choices. We always try to accommodate our guests with their requests however at times it is difficult when we are at full occupancy and a guest checks in later in the evening. We do all we can to please our customers and regret we fell short in your circumstance. We will no doubt take your feedback and try to improve on this issue.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Brand and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Respectfully,
The Springhill Suites Dulles Airport Team
NY State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

My boyfriend and I knew that we would be arriving extremely late to this hotel, well past 1 a.m. So I called the hotel the night before to inform them of our late arrival, and to please hold the room for us. The woman took my number and assured us we'd have our room, and she noted in "the system" that we would be coming in late.

After 5 hours of driving, we arrived at around 1:30 a.m. to find that they had overbooked themselves and no longer had a room for us due to several bus tours that had taken over the property.

But not to worry, they booked a room for us at the Best Western on the other side of the highway and they weren't going to charge me for it. I was a bit peeved and made them aware that I hadn't been informed, and reminded them that I had called ahead. They claimed not to have my phone number available, which I find very hard to believe.

I was too tired to argue, and was mildly appeased at the idea of only paying one night's stay instead of two.

We returned the following morning, and as we had some perishables, asked if we could check in early. Rooms weren't ready, but the lady behind the counter was very pleasant and allowed me to stow our food in their refrigerator. Not only that, they were giving me a room upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi.

Score!

It was very pleasant to come back later that evening, achy feet and all, to find a very comfortably and tastefully outfitted room. We were able to control the air conditioning. And with achy feet, it was nice to hop into the jacuzzi and watch television.

I applaud this hotel's management for knowing they messed up, and for making everything right before I even set foot on their property.

I usually just want a clean room with a comfortable bed for cheap. My boyfriend, on the other hand, would probably melt if he didn't have wi-fi access (how did he survive before?!). I like to travel sparingly, he wants extras. In the end, even I was happy with the idea of spending just a little more.

Yes, it's about 30 minutes from DC (the reason for our trip), but I was interested in saving at least $40-50 a night. The hotel is very close to the airport, but I didn't hear any planes until the morning, and even then intermittently.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
kberkhimer, Owner & Management at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
Dear emsmandms,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review for the Springhill Suites Dulles. We take our guest satisfaction very seriously and your feedback plays an important role!

We are extremely regretful that your stay did not start out as you had expected. We understand how frustrating that must have been for you and appreciate the chance you gave us to make it up to you. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub in your room and that it was relaxing when you went back to your room.

We hope you will stay with us again at the Springhill Suites Dulles on your next visit to the DC area.

Again thank you for taking the time to give your feedback!

Yours in Hospitality,
The Springhill Suites Dulles Airport Team
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I stayed here for four days and the welcoming atmosphere was sooo nice.
The room was a dream, well everything was just so clean, well kept and good.
Especially the female reception staff in the morning and male receptionist in the afternoon was very very nice (I didnt write their names down). My requests for a extra pillows, the room on higher floor and the WSJ were given and that made it even nicer to be there.
I did not hear anything from other rooms around me, it is very quiet there. The breakfast was great and the person who said that there are too many kids at weekends is wrong.
There might be large school groups but one can always take breakfast upstairs to the hotel room it has a kitchenette and microwave and is just perfect. If I ever go back I would stay there. I would rather pay some extra money and be as comfy as possible there.

Dear Hebamme,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review on TripAdvisor for the Springhill Suites Dulles Airport!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again!

The SpringHill Suites Dulles Team
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

This is a great hotel.. very new (not sure when, but probably 2008) The place is awesome from a clean and homey way... but it is out in Sterling, so a little bit away..
For the price and service, this place is pretty darn good!

I travel to herndon almost every week and stay here or at the Springhill in Herndon.. I like this one because it is cheaper and much newer and for the most part nicer, but I LOVE the staff at the herndon location..

I stay at Marriott's almost every week and this one is the newest and nicest non major Marriott I've stayed in, in a while..

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!