“Nice Hotel but they can do better ” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20% This Summer!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Nice Hotel but they can do better ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the first time staying at this property and found the room to be nice but included an ant problem. I reported this to the front desk. This was a two night stay and upon arriving I found the fluorescent light above the sink to be blown out. I asked for this to be repaired upon leaving in the morning. Though a message in my room indicated that the light had been replaced - it was not. A second call was needed. What truly turned me off was when the maintenance man arrived to swap the bulb, he used the coffee table to stand on with his dirty shoes right in front of me! My thoughts of this room being clean had completely changed. Anyway, good location. Love the brand, but this particular hotel can do better.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
SpringHillDulles, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mr. PapaKnarb

Please accept our sincere apology, this is not the focus we intend for any guest to experience.

After hearing of your concern we held a Team meeting and addressed the concerns so as no other guest will be put in that situation.
If you have any questions or if we can assist in any way, please feel free to call the front desk or you always can contact me directly.

Wajdi al-nemri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent hotel. Really enjoyed the stay. The accommodations were excellent and the staff very friendly. The breakfast area is large so that it can handle a many people at a time. Hotel rooms were large and beds very comfortable.

Room Tip: King size beds were very comfortable and the rooms large.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I arrived monday evening and planned to stay till Thursday/Friday. No
welcome phonecall to check how I liked the room. No HDMI
port on the TV. The hotel offers high speed internet at a charge but there isn't a
way to connect high speed devices to the TV - doesn't make sense to me. The
manager would not consider transferring me to a partner hotel. No water for
purchase available or complimentary water in the room. During the night I
had trouble sleeping because I felt uneasy and felt like I was being
bitten. In the morning I found ants in my bed. Marriott Care didn't seem to care.
Last time I'll be staying at a Marriott. Received excellent treatment at a nearby Hilton.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I travel 230 days out of the year. I was a little nervous about switching my Northern Va hotel but I made a great decision. I was greeted by a friendly front desk staff Stephanie and the General Manager as I made my way to a perfect room. I spent the evening having a glass of wine with my colleague in their dining area with fabulous hospitality and great conversation by the sales gentleman, Cody. I am very impressed and plan to stay at this location from now on. This place is crispy clean, comfortable and has a great staff. Highly recommended. A++

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
papillion
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

The area is a ways off the beaten path and has no restaurant in the hotel or any withing easy walking distance. The breakfasts were very disappointing for a Marriot. The waffle makers didn't cook the waffles completely and they were doughy. I'd think a Marriot would have real eggs and not powdered for their scrambles. there were no biscuits or gravy and no pastries offered. English muffins and bagels were it. I asked the attendant and the manager about this and they merely told me that it was what they offered. We were there 4 nights. The staff, though efficient, were not friendly and when I asked for a city map of DC it was like I was asking for the moon. Not at all a friendly place. The rooms were spacious, but the carpets needed cleaning as it had several spots on it. We threw towels over them.

Room Tip: Our group of 39 had no major complaints on any of the rooms we had.
Green Features: They did not have separate containers in the breakfast room for recycle. They did in the rooms. Very few if any signs advocating recycles etc.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
SpringHillDulles, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review for your recent stay at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport.
Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive a flawless guest experiance, we would love to discuss your areas of concern further. Whenever you have a moment feel free to contact me directly so we can continue to improve our service.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and looking forward to talk to you in person.

Manal Hanna
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
703-444-3944
manal.hanna@bfsaulco.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015 via mobile

Got the king suite and it was amazing bed was super comfy price was perfect offered aaa as well. If your looking for a great stay this is it. Quiet and very clean up to date good breakfast and easy check in and out. Staff was very nice and caring

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

The place is right off the interstate, has plenty of parking, and a clean look inside and out. I thought the room was a little small compared to other suites. We stayed in a room with two double beds and a seating area. The kitchen area was very minimal with a small microwave and fridge.
The breakfast was about par for continental breakfast. There were the standard assortment of fruits, cereals, oatmeal, toast or bagels, bacon or sausage, and eggs.
The pool area seemed very clean and stocked with towels. It's rare to find a hot tub that is too hot for me, but they had their hot tub cranked up to where I could only stay in for 5 minutes or so.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Overall, the stay was good...not great. I think this place is good for business travel or passing through, but I would choose a hotel with more amenities, space, and comfort for a vacation.

Room Tip: No room will have an exceptional view, so I would suggest you ask for one near the elevator.
Green Features: Recycle bins in the room and in the ice vending area.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
SpringHillDulles, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2015
Dear Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels. Please accept our sincere apology for the hot tub issue. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Sterling.

WAJDI AL-NEMRI
Assistant Guest Service Manager
Springhill Dulles
wajdi.alnemri@bfsaulco.com
703-4443944

Been to SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!