“Park and fly” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Frederick, Maryland
“Park and fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for one night under the park and fly package. The hotel was
very busy as there were several softball teams staying over for a tournament but check in was very smooth and although our room was very close to an elevator we really didn't notice any noise or commotion. No complaints about the room.

We had a very early flight so can't comment on the breakfast. The shuttle to the airport was right on time and the driver loaded our bags. He stopped at one other hotel before heading on to Dulles. When we returned we simply called the hotel after clearing customs and the shuttle was waiting for us when we arrived at the pickup spot.

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cheshire, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came down with 3 softball teams for a tournament. Two weeks prior to our stay I called to reserve the patio area and grill for a team party for Sunday night . When we arrived I wanted to confirm the use of the patio to be told they didn't have it and another team had booked the patio for every night of the tournament, 5 nights. When I asked them to ask the other team to give us one night I was told no that the other team had reserved the patio.
Interestingly I was then asked to rate the hotel which I told them they really didn't want me to because it would be a bad one and the woman working at the desk basically said that didn't matter because some people say good things and some say bad. My take away from that was they really don't care about customer service.

THen to make matters worse they were holding food for us in the kitchen refrigerator , which was very nice and helpful, but when we went to get it we were told it was used for a catered luncheon held at the hotel then thrown out! They offered to buy us pizza but we had all the other fixing for our planned meal.
As a team we travel on a budget so not having access to the grill and having our food thrown out created quite the challenge .

I would not l look to book with them again next year.

Room Tip: Elevators really slow. Could hear the people in the next rooms conversation.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SpringHillDulles, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport.

We are so very sorry for your experience during your stay with us. It is certainly not the standard that we wish to uphold with our customers. Your concern is important in helping us to improve our service moving forward. We would hate to lose you as a future customer and certainly do not want to leave this unresolved. Would you mind giving me a call at 703/4443944 and ask for Wajdi so we can discuss further?

Wajdi Al-Nemri
Front Office Assistance Manager
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had an extended stay for 4 nights with a family of 4. Room was comfortable and roomy. The bathrooms were a little odd setup but everything was for the most part spotless. Breakfast worked for us and property helped us out by opening up early one day knowing we were leaving early that day. Staff was friendly and knowledgable of the area. Location was convenient right off the highway and there were a few dining option within 2 miles or so. Overall if we needed to come back I would not hesitate to come back here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stirling, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice clean hotel. Housekeeping very good. Quiet.
Breakfast was just ok, nothing too special. Cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, English muffins, small muffins, juice, coffee, tea.
Eggs tasted fake;(
Good for quick on the go breakfast.
Only 1 front desk person at a time. This was a little odd for a large hotel.
Family type hotel, I would not recommend for a romantic weekend.
No restaurant or bar on premise.
I would not recommend catering from the hotel.
Food is below average and comes from outside source.
Rooms have a small frig and microwave which is really nice to have when you're there for a sporting event.
They also have cabinets to store your snacks and goodies.
Air conditioning worked really well!
Looked like they could have had more staff at this hotel.
You can buy limited amounts of beer and small bottles of wine in the small market next to the front desk.
You're better off buying it from a liquor store, it's expensive and they don't carry too many choices.
The laundry area on the 3rd floor is convenient. It's $2.00 for a wash and $2.00 for the dryer.
Bring quarters;) they do sell packets of laundry soap but it's cheaper to bring your own.
Only 2 sets of washers & dryers available.
Overall, this is a nice clean family hotel. Nothing fancy but it's great if you're there for a softball tournament, etc.

• Stayed July 2014
SpringHillDulles, Assistant Guest Service Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello MarryAnne
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Springhill Suites Dulles Airport.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

WAJDI AL-NEMRI
Assistant Guest Service Manager
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Nice clean rooms and very, very nice staff.
Only failing was the breakfast room which was too small for the fully booked 8:00am crowd, not a big deal for me as all I wanted was grab and go, but I heard grumbling from others.

I definitely would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were landing very late so was looking for a room to overnight, our flight got delayed and we landed at 3am, the shuttle service was down for the night so they said they can get a shuttle from a neighbor hotel on 30 minutes or I can just grab a cab and they will reimburse me (which they did) which is great service!

The rooms were nice, comfy, clean and what we needed after our long flight.

Will definitely stay here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here 2-3 July 14, I was arriving with my family on a red eye from LAX, to attend a wedding downtown, but stayed the first two nights at this location in order to rest up before making the move to the hotel downtown. The front staff was excellent! We were allowed to check in early, and by that I mean 8am, which was heavenly because we were tired from the flight. We extended our stay one night. This property, while not having the euro decor I prefer from Spring Hill Suites, was very clean in every sense of the word, and that made this stay enjoyable. The breakfast varied day to day and the service downstairs was solid. Everyone was friendly and professional and the price was on the mark. We did not try the onsite dining so I'm not sure how the food was, but I wouldn't hesitate a bit because the rest of this experience has been wonderful. As normal, I had to do some work from here too, the internet is tiered with free high speed and $4.95 super high speed. The free internet worked wonderfully with DL of 4-5mb and upload of 1.8mb, and I was in room 401, on the edge of the hotel. I'm impressed and satisfied, would stay here again!

Room Tip: The design of the property lends me to believe that all rooms are good, don't hesitate to stay h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!