“Nice stay for 4 nights” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Newark, New Jersey
“Nice stay for 4 nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Had an extended stay for 4 nights with a family of 4. Room was comfortable and roomy. The bathrooms were a little odd setup but everything was for the most part spotless. Breakfast worked for us and property helped us out by opening up early one day knowing we were leaving early that day. Staff was friendly and knowledgable of the area. Location was convenient right off the highway and there were a few dining option within 2 miles or so. Overall if we needed to come back I would not hesitate to come back here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Stirling, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice clean hotel. Housekeeping very good. Quiet.
Breakfast was just ok, nothing too special. Cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, English muffins, small muffins, juice, coffee, tea.
Eggs tasted fake;(
Good for quick on the go breakfast.
Only 1 front desk person at a time. This was a little odd for a large hotel.
Family type hotel, I would not recommend for a romantic weekend.
No restaurant or bar on premise.
I would not recommend catering from the hotel.
Food is below average and comes from outside source.
Rooms have a small frig and microwave which is really nice to have when you're there for a sporting event.
They also have cabinets to store your snacks and goodies.
Air conditioning worked really well!
Looked like they could have had more staff at this hotel.
You can buy limited amounts of beer and small bottles of wine in the small market next to the front desk.
You're better off buying it from a liquor store, it's expensive and they don't carry too many choices.
The laundry area on the 3rd floor is convenient. It's $2.00 for a wash and $2.00 for the dryer.
Bring quarters;) they do sell packets of laundry soap but it's cheaper to bring your own.
Only 2 sets of washers & dryers available.
Overall, this is a nice clean family hotel. Nothing fancy but it's great if you're there for a softball tournament, etc.

• Stayed July 2014
SpringHillDulles, Assistant Guest Service Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello MarryAnne
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Springhill Suites Dulles Airport.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

WAJDI AL-NEMRI
Assistant Guest Service Manager
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice clean rooms and very, very nice staff.
Only failing was the breakfast room which was too small for the fully booked 8:00am crowd, not a big deal for me as all I wanted was grab and go, but I heard grumbling from others.

I definitely would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We were landing very late so was looking for a room to overnight, our flight got delayed and we landed at 3am, the shuttle service was down for the night so they said they can get a shuttle from a neighbor hotel on 30 minutes or I can just grab a cab and they will reimburse me (which they did) which is great service!

The rooms were nice, comfy, clean and what we needed after our long flight.

Will definitely stay here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed here 2-3 July 14, I was arriving with my family on a red eye from LAX, to attend a wedding downtown, but stayed the first two nights at this location in order to rest up before making the move to the hotel downtown. The front staff was excellent! We were allowed to check in early, and by that I mean 8am, which was heavenly because we were tired from the flight. We extended our stay one night. This property, while not having the euro decor I prefer from Spring Hill Suites, was very clean in every sense of the word, and that made this stay enjoyable. The breakfast varied day to day and the service downstairs was solid. Everyone was friendly and professional and the price was on the mark. We did not try the onsite dining so I'm not sure how the food was, but I wouldn't hesitate a bit because the rest of this experience has been wonderful. As normal, I had to do some work from here too, the internet is tiered with free high speed and $4.95 super high speed. The free internet worked wonderfully with DL of 4-5mb and upload of 1.8mb, and I was in room 401, on the edge of the hotel. I'm impressed and satisfied, would stay here again!

Room Tip: The design of the property lends me to believe that all rooms are good, don't hesitate to stay h...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is my 2nd time staying in this hotel and I was not disappointed. Beds are VERY comfortable, staff excellent (except one housekeeper who maybe had a bad day but I won't let that one incident ruin my opinion of this hotel), and good variety of breakfast items that are included in cost of room. Whenever opportunity arises, will stay here again!

Room Tip: AC quiet, could not hear noises from rooms on either side of ours and could barely hear people talki...
Green Features: Obvious environment-friendly practices. Asked guests if possible to reuse towels and I noticed for first time in any hotel, the room has a recycle can as well as a trash can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great location, suite, and breakfast for a quick overnight stay before an early flight out the next day. Gloria was the receptionist - VERY welcoming and gracious. She quickly and cheerfully accommodated our request for a room change when we discovered that the refrigerator in the first room was emitting a high-pitched whine.
The setting was nice -lovely freshly mulched landscaping and engineered wetlands (too bad there was some plastic water bottles and glass beer bottles strewn about). The airport shuttle was right on time and efficient.
No hassle parking policy for a three week trip!
We'd certainly do this again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!