“Close to DIA” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Durango
“Close to DIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I wanted a place to just relax without taking the shuttle at 6:00 p.m. to the town center. By staying in my room and getting snacks from their vending counter , I was quite pleased. When I entered the lady at the desk was most helpful and gave me all the info. I requested. The night clerk was also very nice and quite helpful.

One of the best business centers for computer use. I did not have to wait and the computers worked with no problems.

The television had enough channels without using the optional fee channels. The shower had plenty of pressure and was nice and warm.

The complementary breakfast was fine. I would request that in the future if you have bacon to get something better than what was offered.

Yes I would use this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: As I wanted to be on the 1st floor.I was given a handicap room . I did not need this type of room bu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 10 days. The place to be when in town! Super friendly staff. Excellent rooms. Clean. Great breakfast. Just a pleasure staying. I was offered a great price too. It's the central location. Close to the Dulles airport. Close to the other suburbs. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have totally enjoyed my stay in this hotel, the hotel is close to the IAD airport, very clean and has welcoming staff.

In terms of location it is close to the airport and it offers complementry shuttle bus from/to the airport. The hotel also has free shuttle bus to the Dulles shopping center and Walmart Supercenter. Once reservation completed the hotel will offer 35% on Hertz car rental which is good advantage for those don't like the free shuttle bus. Overall the service was very good, the staff is welcoming and happy to serve with a nice smile. I also enjoyed the facilities they offered, gym, swimming pool (equipped with hydrolic chair for persons with disability to get-in and out easily) and the free break fast buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

First of all, clean, nicely appointed...but it is the attitude of the staff and management that sets this property apart. From the time you check in, to the time you need to talk with house keeping of another other staff...you realize they know how to treat a customer. Friendly, engaging and warm! We were there with a hockey team, there were other teams there as well and a rather large wedding party. There were no problems with kids running through the halls and people partying too loud in their rooms...why? Because staff were very tolerant of us (and our loud ways) by allowing us the run of the great room in the lobby. This meant people didn't have to party in their rooms and disturb those in rooms around them. I am sure sometimes people can get out of hand but you would have to be pretty much a jerk to get this staff to lay down the law. Hotels make a lot of money off sports teams and they could all learn a lesson from the staff in Sterling, Virginia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SpringHillDulles, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us. All of our associates take great pride in our guests satisfaction.
From all of us here at SpringHill Dulles Airport, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Manal Hanna
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel is VERY clean and pleasant, room spacious and comfortable, and great breakfast. Decor of room very relaxing and pleasant. Amenities are compact but more than adequate with pool, fitness, relaxing areas outside, sun bathing area, wireless access in rooms and lobby, and computers available. I always stay at Marriott properties but was impressed with this hotel. I will likely stay there for a local get-away!

Room Tip: Room 215 provided a good nights sleep although it is near the elevator. Like that TV is not near th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Though this place is clean and new, there are three specific reasons why I won't be returning:

The smoke detector is positioned directly above the bed and flashes an "im in working order! light repeatedly! I found this incredibly distracting . I also had trouble with the glowing alarm clock and hair dryer/night lite! The bright lights of the parking area also found their way around the loose fitting light shade ! My room shined like a carnival all night!

Next: both the air conditioner and mini fridge gurgled and whined. Strike two.

The above can be forgiven , but an uncomfortable bed cannot!

I rate the bed and linen a D-

Sheets? Thin and scratchy.
Mattress? Lumpy and stiff!

The morning breakfast was better than expected standard fare.

I visit hotels to SLEEEP, but the distractions of room lighting, appliance noise and an uncomfortable mattress MURDERED it!! Farewell brave Springhill of sterling! Farewell!!

• Stayed September 2013
SpringHillDulles, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always our hope that every guest that stays with us has an enjoyable visit. We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Your concerns with the air conditioner and fridge have been brought to the attention of our maintenance team. They will be doing a review of our units to ensure that this issue does not happen again.We do appreciate the feedback and hope that you will give our hotel another try.

Manal Hanna
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were quite impressed with the customer service at this hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly and really put us at ease during our stay. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had an early flight out the next morning so we only stayed one night but it was a very comfortable night. Our flight left too early for us to have breakfast (breakfast service starts at 6:00 am and we had to leave at 5:00 am (it would have been nice if they had a few grab and go items such as fruit ) for the early travelers. We used the shuttle service and we pleased with the drivers promptness !

Green Features: I liked the fact that there were small blue recycle bins in the room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!