“Great for a short stay between flights” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Goteborg, Sweden
“Great for a short stay between flights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Transfer to and from the airport by the hotel shuttle fast and reliable.
Even possible to take shuttle (scheduled) to and from nearby restaurants and shopping mall.
Location great for us as we wanted a place near the airport.

Staff friendly and helpful.
Free breakfast ok for a short stay - nothing fancy but enough to keep you going for a couple of hours.
Kids used the indoor pool and jacuzzi which both were highly appreciated. We were the only ones in the pool room. However no showers or changing rooms by the pool.
Gym looked fresh and nice, not huge but had the basic stuff like threadmill, stairmaster and free weights.

Room with two queen beds. Enough for a family with two small kids. At least for one night. Maybe not for a longer stay.
Microwave, fridge and sink. No cooking utensils but plastic knifes/forks found in the microwave.
Sofa and a little table.
Sink outside bathroom.
Everything felt proper maintained and not run down at all.

Can not comment on price as I used Marriott rewards points.
Would I stay here again?
Yes, for a shorter stay with family but probably not in business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Naperville, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I flew into Dulles Airport, in the Washington DC area, to attend meetings in Reston and Ashburn, Virginia. We picked the SpringHill suites because it was a short drive from all our meetings and the airport. Everything worked out fine and I would recommend this hotel.

I stayed in a SpringHill Suites hotel on a trip back in September, and like the previous one, this was nice and new. My room was a slightly larger than average with a sofa/desk work area, a small bar-style sink with microwave (less than a kitchenette), a flatscreen TV, two double beds, a decent bathroom and WIFI. A normal room, not quite a suite.

My schedule was such that I had several hours in the morning free, so I used the whole time dialing into conference calls. I found my room very well suited for getting work done. The toll free phone calls were indeed free; the WIFI service was good and included at no extra charge. I did sneak down stairs and have some of the complementary buffet breakfast -- good and generous.

Just off the front desk, there is the typical snack shoppe, with microwave dinners, soda pop, snacks, and ice cream. I like this, because it is open around the clock. But for this stay, I didn't buy from here; instead we went out for dinner at the nearby restaurant (O'Malley's Pub). The nice gentleman at the front desk was more than happy to supply directions (neatly printed!)

Since the hotel is just off the main road (28), it was easy to get to / from the airport. Likewise, anywhere we needed to go was less than a 15 minute drive. Again, the hotel was in the right location and made my business travel productive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
West Orange, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

All the things I expect in a Springhill suites hotel is there. And as a meeting convened they even gave me supplies and materials. However even with a car the dining options in the neighborhood are lacking and the roads are very tricky to navigate.

• Stayed January 2013
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Booked with Marriott's website and afterward found a cheaper price on a different website. Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee matched the discounted price and added a 20% discount. The hotel was nicely appointed and clean. The staff was very personable. Complementary breakfast was a plus. Wireless was great during the day, slowed to a crawl by late evening. I didn't use the pool, but I noticed that both the pool and the jacuzzi had handicap chair lifts.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my home for 5 months (Feb-Jul 2012) during Continental Airlines and United merger as a group of us trained the United employees and I enjoyed it to the very end. Front Desk clerks always friendly and always ready to accommodate you in the best way possible. Drivers always on time and service within local shopping malls/restaurants and food markets provided during the evening hours. Breakfast was a great treat everyday something different. This hotel gave a relaxing environment with pool/Jacuzzi and an outside patio with a BBQ grill for a small group of friends to enjoy. A basket/tennis/volley ball court in the back for my young adult kids to enjoy every weekend when they visited. The location is great where you can head into DCA/BWI and into West Virginia within minutes or close to an hour, we explored everything all 4 states had to offer and when coming back we will be staying here. I like to wish the front desk Wajdi, Julie, Jessica, Alice and got to LOVE TOM. Our Breakfast ladies Ann, Meruat and those wonderful drivers Jose, Vilma and Luis. Thanks again for the great memories and the mostly the X-Mas Card. You all are the Best and see you next year. Wishing you a Happy New Year with Lots of Blessings!

Nidia Santana, Frank Franco, Victoria and Jonathan Mushet

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here with my son's hockey team & families. Check-in was sub-par, but once we finally got our rooms, everything was fine. Check-in was at 3:00. Our rooms were not ready until after 4:00. We had these reservations with the hockey team for weeks, so they should have been better prepared. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Back rooms have a terrible view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

When a hotel falls short on basic amenities, I am unhappy...

Wireless Internet was very unreliable: There has been various points where either gets slow or goes out altogether. As a business traveler I require always available Internet.

Short supply of morning newspapers: I like to find a copy of the USA Today near the breakfast area. Unfortunately they probably keep a short supply so you are out of luck unless another guest happened to leave his copy in the breakfast table.

Not to bash on the other redeeming qualities the hotel has but I feel the above are minimum expected at a hotel especially if paying $175/night.

Next time if I am in the area I'd rather stay at the nearby Courtyard. They do better in these aspects plus that hotel is equipped with a bar where you can order drinks and hang out in the nights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SpringHillDulles, Guest Service and Sales Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Reddaj,

Thank you for your feedback as it’s very important to our business to continue delivering a great customer satisfaction.

Regarding the internet, the hotel have a committed plan to upgrade out internet equipment for better stability connection and usage comfort for our guests in the next two months.

I will assure you that I will take care of the Newspaper as well, and make sure that it’s accordingly available. I really hope you give a chance next time when you are in the area and would ask you kindly to contact me so I can ensure that your stay is up to your satisfaction.

Yours in hospitality,
Firas N. Ghorab Guest Service & Sales Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!