“Park-Stay-Fly” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Park-Stay-Fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel is about 10 minutes by airport shuttle from Washington Dulles Airport. We often use the Stay-Park-Fly package when we travel (5-10 times per year) since we live 90 minutes from the airport, and don't want to have the stress of having to drive a long distance during Washington's commuter traffic hours. When we are flying in/out of Dulles, we look first to the SpringHill Suites because we have always been pleased with our stays there. The package has free parking which usually means the total cost is less than long-term parking itself. We book the package through a third party website or directly with Marriott, whichever works best. Now, back to the hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable with kitchenette, lounge area, and bedroom and bathroom. The complimentary hot breakfast is as good as any we've had at a hotel. Check-in and check-out are convenient. Major newspapers are complimentary and taking the shuttle to/from the airport is easy and convenient (luggage hauling is at a minimum). It makes the start (or end) of a trip pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was very impressed by the SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport. The rooms are clean. There is a continental breakfast (it looked just fine). A shuttle runs to and from the hotel. Though it wasn't running at 4am, the front desk staff arranged for another hotel's shuttle to pick me up and take me to the airport. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are traveling to / from Dulles Airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Made an advance reservation based on a marriott.com special. Had a late flight that was late into Dulles so got to the hotel late. Staff was excellent and very helpful considering the time we arrived. The breakfast was very good. Left late so the kids could use the pool.
Bottom line is you cannot stay at a nicer airport hotel than the SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice hotel less than a half mile from Dulles Airport on Sully Road and Sterling Boulevard. Nice staff. Room was clean, and the beds were comfortable, though we wished the beds were queen size. The bathroom was somewhat smaller than usual. Jet noise was not noticeable, though the air conditioner was somewhat noisy. Well maintained hotel. .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Niles, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our flight was cancelled leaving Dulles, and this was one of the least expensive hotels that was offering an airport discount for the night. My expectations were not high. I was very pleasantly surprised! Very nice and clean suites... very clean bathroom... the bed was nestled in between two walls making it nice and cozy... bed was comfortable ...customer service on this particular night was great... the breakfast buffet was very good. All in all it was a great experience for a tired group. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the shuttle. We had difficulty understanding the person in charge of sending the shuttle, and couldn't get clear instructions on where to meet him. We had to walk miles through the airport to reach the shuttle. However, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Spent one night .. 8 hours.. for a layover for an international flight. Very clean and convenient with complimentary hotel shuttle. Nice touch was pretzels and water in room. Breakfast in the morning was simple but adequate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My stay @ SpringHill Suites was pleasant enough. I had a 2 night complimentary stay (free) this past weekend and after presenting my Certificates to authenticate the 'free' nights my MC was charged the rate for a 2night stay anyway. When I found out (later the same day as check-in) I was told that my money would be refunded no later than 2 business days. Two business days later I've put in almost an entire day between Marriott and my bank and I still don't have my money. We are in technological age where this shouldn't be this disturbingly hard. Now I can't get anyone from Marriott to return my calls. Okay, I guess I'll be working on this tomorrow!

Room Tip: Try to get a room furthest away from the elevators as the ice/vending machines are adjacent to the e...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHillDulles, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Tango301,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide some feedback about your experience staying at our hotel. We take great pride is striving to provide an excellent experience for all of our guests and feedback such as yours allows us to continually improve.

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your bill. Our system had an error that prevented the note indicating your room was complimentary for displaying and we didn’t catch it when you checked in. This is what in turn put a hold on some funds on your credit card. We apologize for the delay in the hold being removed our 2 day estimate is based on past experience with other credit card companies and not all of them work that quickly.

We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove that we can do it right during your next stay in Northern Virginia. Please don’t hesitate to contact me personally with any concerns or questions.

In Hospitality,
Manal Hanna
General Manager SpringHill Suites Dulles
Manal.Hanna@bfsaulco.com
(703) 444-3944

Been to SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!