“Ho Ho Ho, what a great family oriented bar and restuarant.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 199 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Pub, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 7 & Palisades Parkway
Severna Park, Maryland
“Ho Ho Ho, what a great family oriented bar and restuarant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Really, you say - family oriented bar? OK, I went there the last time for a special Christmas brunch with Santa Claus and children. But I have been there several times with the family. They always welcome us and seat us fast. We get a large table, the wait staff visit and are friendly to the kids. The manager takes the time to talk. I never rated it because, well, I don't know. I can't say the food is outstanding. I have never had anything to rave about but they did have a lamb shank that they did well once. I hear it might be back on the menu but, I don't really know. I just like the place for kids. Most of the wait staff have kids too. Just a freindly place. Oh yeah, back to Christmas brunch. It was fine - lots of fresh prepared food and the kids were welcome at the help yourslef tables. They had a local Irish troupe to sing and Santa was there. I did get a picture of me with Santa and the kids. It was great fun. I just like the place. And we will go there when we want to relax and let the kids enjoy themselves. Really, an Irish bar and restuarant that is kid friendly. Go figure.

Visited December 2012

Reston, Virginia
“Good Irish Food & Drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Last night we had dinner at O'Faolain's Irish Pub. The main restaurant is very comfortable and cozy but we chose to sit out on the patio. My husband had the Irish Stew and I had the Bangers and Mash. We shared a chopped salad. We were both pleased with the food. It was very good and tasted like meals we had in the outer counties of Ireland. The chopped salad was very crisp with a light mustard dressing. Our server told us that we were one of the first people to try their new menu revamped menu. A fun casual place for an Irish downhome meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Great Irish food, beer and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We often go to O'Falain's if we are in the mood for well prepared Irish food. The chicken pie and shepherd's pie are exceptional as is the Baked Brie.

The service is friendly and efficient and is sometimes augmented by the owner if you have food allergies or the like. In the summer you can eat outside which is pleasant and there is a separate bar out there too.

Definitely worth a try, again and again.

Visited February 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“The Best of Times and Worst of Times Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is our neighborhood pub and equivalent of Cheers and the wait staff is friendly and welcoming. Great sports bar. Some of the food is excellent but some is pedestrian - it is a matter of taste. Their fish specials are always served with too me (an Italian, no less) strange types of risotto, for instance. But, unlike some places you can have a burger cooked to order and they have an OUTSTANDING seafood chowder.

Their Sunday brunch is excellent - especially with bottomless mimosas. For that reason we sometimes opt to come and go by taxi.

I don't care for their Friday night music - they offer little in what Americans think of as "Irish" Music, that I like like the Irish Rovers - and the management doesn't care for IRA glorification.

We visit almost weekly so that is a pretty good endorsement - I just wish they'd have better music!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fun Irish Pub -- Great Food, Music, Atmosphere; Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went here on the eve before St. Patrick's Day, after going to the movies at the theatre in the same complex. It was very crowded and we didn't have reservations, so we hung out in the bar area for an hour before a table was ready for us. We had a really great time, both in the bar and the main restaurant. It's a really lively, happening place with a great atmosphere, and both the Irish band and the contemporary one that followed were great! I loved my appropriately green drinks, and the food was very good. My friend and I both ordered the Shepherd's Pie; it was wonderful!! I especially love the bread and butter! They were so good!! (and I was quite happy they accidentally brought us two servings of it). All the staff here were extremely friendly and helpful, despite it being so crowded. It was a perfect place to go both on St. Patrick's Day Weekend and year-round. It's everything an Irish pub should be! A great place to go for an evening or before or after the movies.

Visited March 2013