“Authentic Irish” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Route 7 & Palisades Parkway
Sterling, Virginia
“Authentic Irish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Love hearing the manager talk to customers with his natural Irish accent. Reminds me of our trip to the Emerald Isle. The food is good and the beer is cold. Very nice local pub.

Visited March 2012

Sterling, Virginia
“Great place for 'date night' and excellent prime rib special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Met someone there for a dinner date before a movie this evening, we didn't know that Saturday is 'Prime Rib' night and we were both in the mood for good beef, pleasant surprise! Wonderful, warm atmosphere, great, cordial service and as difficult as it is to find good prime rib, another five stars! We ordered the smaller of two available cuts, but still waayyyy too much for either of us so we took some home. Manager stopped by to chat, very nice, personal service and I almost regret that we had to leave for the movie! Great also to have dinner and then just walk across the street before/after the movie, no hassle with the movie traffic. Great time, nice place and great meal.. Check them out!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas Tx
“Irish Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

After a long day of work and walking the DC area, my husband and I were in need of a quiet dinner with some good home cooking. We found this Irish Pub on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try.

Even though part of my heritage is from England, I felt like the shepherd's pie was my comfort food for my soul! So good! The portion was big enough for both my husband and me to share. Everything we ate that night was very good!

It was quiet when we went in, but we found out toward the end of our meal that trivia night was starting soon! It looked like it would be a lot of fun, but we bowed out. I would go if we were in town again though! Try this fun pub... Lots of fun and very good food!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best in the area for irish bar food, drink, and music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011 via mobile

spent many a day/night enjoying the food/drink/music at the best irish establishment in 20165. Yea i just called it an area code, yuk! Anyway, its lots of fun or relaxing depending on the time a day u visit. There is always an abundance of good irish cheer. Favorite time is springtime on the patio...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“An ok experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I decided to try this place because it was close to my hotel. The Guinness stew sounded really good. It was very good, except for the hair in the potatoes. It didn't upset me though - it happens. The manager came over and was very apologetic and embarrassed by it. He offered to get me something else, but I just requested a replacement of what I had, as I was actually enjoying it. He took the Guinness beer I had off the bill. I was hoping for more, but I appreciated that he made the gesture. I'm sure that if I'd have gotten upset and made a big deal about it, he might have done more, but I'm not like that. Like I said, it happens.

I can't really speak much about the atmosphere, as there was only one other table occupied when I was there.

In spite of the hair incident, I would go there again, and would recommend it to friends. (At least those who aren't bothered by an occasional hair) ;o)

Seriously - if you're in the mood for good Irish food - give them a try.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere