“FINALLY IVE COME BACK TO” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Chicago, Illinois
“FINALLY IVE COME BACK TO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Geraldine was my shuttle driver to and from the airport. Although my trip began bad but with her warm smiling and extra effort work, she made my trip a success and I would travel with comfort suites again on my next trip to the DMV area. Her customer service was excellent and services about ways to tour Washington D.C was very helpful. The hotel room was very clean and guest services were helpful and professional. JAY

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Geraldine was my shuttle driver to and from the airport. She was friendly, professional, knowledgeable about local area and the DC area. She was professional, courteous, always on time. She was friendly and had a great attitude. She was always smiling and a very safe driver.
They also provide shuttles to the nearby air/space museum, which was an amazing experience.
Geraldine recommended that to me.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. When I needed extra towels or soap/shampoo Rosario was very quick to help me with my room service. She made me feel home away from home.

Instead of choosing another place, I stayed there one extra night because both of them were so kind and nice. Thank you so much for a wonderful Washington DC visit.

James U.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hopewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this place! I was not looking forward to my 3 day business trip - In spite of my lack of enthusiasm for this trip-Comfort Inn made it more than COMFORT-ABLE! It was super clean, breakfast was awesome and they even had pizza/pasta night! The Inn became a home away from home very quickly. Very clean and comfortable rooms - will definitely go back again and again! Thanks to Velia for making a dreaded trip such a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We booked one night at the Comfort Inn & Suites Sterling this week though booking.com, as we missed our flight.

The free shuttle failed to show on time (it was around 10.30 pm), so a kind driver from the Best Western offered us a drive, he felt sorry for us as we were exhausted with 2 kids asleep. Upon arrival, the hotel didn't impress, felt more like a motel or B&B to us. The front desk supervisor advised us that they didn't receive the booking request, then he asked us to contact booking.com ourselves, we told them we were roaming and our mobile was very low battery, but they said: “sorry, you have to call them yourselves, we can't help”... long story short, after calling booking.com and arguing with them, the front desk lady discovered that the fax had already been sent and that she didn't see it earlier.
We got into our non-smoking room, to find a terrible horrible heavy smoking smell, smartly hidden by a deodorant...we couldn't breathe, kids were coughing and we had to sleep with windows open all night. The room is worn out, not clean, furnishing squeaky and old, the beds were comfy though (but I found 2 aunts on my pillows).
As we missed our flight, we booked the earliest flight possible the next morning, departing from Reagan National Airport and we needed a taxi to pick us up at 4.30 am. So we called front office, asking them to arrange for a taxi but they said: sorry, you have to do it! and gave us a couple of taxi numbers to call, advising us that it's too late now to book a taxi. So I told them, can't we at least take the shuttle to Dulles Airport and we can pick a taxi from there? They said: sorry, the shuttle doesn’t operate before 6.00 am. I called both taxi companies she gave me, and both apologized as they don’t work at night (one of them was the Washington flyer appointed by the airport!!!), so I called back and told her: please, we are stuck here, we have a flight to catch, can’t you help? Again: with a very distant tone she replied: sorry, I am afraid not. We finally managed to look online for a taxi company and had our cab waiting for us on time to catch our flight.
For the same price, we’ve tried the Hyatt Dulles, it’s beyond comparison.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jay J, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Rana,
Thank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Near IAD , just few miles away, but hotel complimentary shuttle is available when needed. Great complimentary breakfast, excellent staff, ( Velia , Sarah ), always helpful and very courteous , clean rooms, plush comforters , most rooms have desks and sitting areas with sofas , mini fridge, microwave... I really enjoyed being at the hotel... well managed property .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Manny,
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet. The staff at the front desk, Sarah, went above and beyond. She took care of every detail including recommending that we have our dinner delivered and gave us menus. Sarah was very friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

Room Tip: It stays busy because of their park and fly package, but the area is quiet so any room is fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jay J, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have been posting to TripAdvisor for a number of years and have never rated a property terrible until now. This is a dated hotel with a staff that is beyond apathetic.

There is not adequate parking for the guests and the hotel staff doesn't seem to care. They had large tour buses parked in the lot occupying multiple spaces.

The rooms are ok, but not overly clean.

They also have an infestation problem.

If you need a hotel in the area there are plenty of other choices, including the Hyatt House right next door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jay J, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Thomas,

703-471-5005

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!