“This hotel provides great comfort and service.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
“This hotel provides great comfort and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff are very accommodating. They listen.Rooms are clean. Shuttle takes you to the mall, church, fine groceries & restaurants, fast foods, post office, nearby museum, airport. Free breakfast offers wide variety - fruits, breads, juices, meats, yogurt, etc. Internet is ok on some hours of the day.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Whole hotel smelled like smoke. My room was non smoking with cigarette burn in comforter. Couldn't use Internet to even send a email. I need Internet for my work, so that didn't help me. This place is just plain horrible.

• Stayed July 2013
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway is perhaps a notch above your average Comfort Inn. Like most Comfort Inns, it has comfortable bedding and solid furnishes. Bathroom was reasonably stocked, though bath towels could have been a bit larger. I found the room clean, and air conditioning worked very well. Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn fare, including both hot and cold breakfast foods. Ample free parking in the back. But what made this Comfort Inn a cut above the rest was the suite-type room. Upon entering, there's an area equipped with a sofa, coffee table, and ottoman, which offered a nice little living room in which to relax. While this is not a luxury hotel, what you get for the very reasonable price makes it a practically ideal choice of accommodation in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC. It location, furthermore, practically guarantees quiet, yet it's close the airport and the highway leading to Washington. So, it's really a 4-star or high 3-star hotel, but the bargain price gives it 5-star rating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
reisterstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our experience was delightful, Ms Velia was very courteous and helpful. she answered all questions we had and offered other information that made our stay pleasant. I plan to stay at the comfort Inn anytime I'm in the Dulles and surrounding areas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the property and the services we provided and thank you for complimenting Velia. We look forward to your next stay when travel brings you back to our area.

germantown, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Really, folks, when you get right down to it, almost all good-quality motels are pretty much the same. Good conditions, good service, good amenities. No surprises. Location and convenience are the most important things, especially when you're taking an early morning flight out of Dulles and don't want to chance the rush-hour traffic in the DC area. This one is as a good as any in the area, and all prices are comparable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Buckhannon, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Thankfully it wasn't terribly hot outside when we stayed.

The room was ok - pretty clean. The drain in the shower was dislodged and one light in the bathroom was burned out. After a couple of hours we realized that the a/c was blowing, but not cooling. The a/c unit was making a weird noise, too. We told the front desk and they sent a gentleman right away. He fiddled with the a/c unit for a while and said he was sorry, it probably needed coolant. I hoped that as the evening cooled down we'd cool down, too, but by about 10 that night it was still hot. I asked the front desk for a fan - sorry. They didn't offer another room, either. I wish I had asked - in retrospect - as we spent a very hot night.

The next morning the machine wouldn't even blow any air. When I checked out I mentioned to the clerk that it wasn't working at all and we spent a really hot night. He said he was sorry and gave me my receipt. I'm a bit wimpy and just walked away. Then I decided to get a backbone and ask if they'd give me a refund. The clerk apologized and said he couldn't do so without the manager. They weren't in. He gave me a business card and wrote down Jay and Nina's names and suggested I call the next day.

I reached Nina the next day and she agreed to give me a 25% discount. I don't really feel good about that as it was a miserable night when we really needed rest.

On the up side, the hotel was quiet and pretty clean. The window bed was a neat twist.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for leaving a comment about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had so many problems with your room. I will definitely forward this to both my maintenance and front desk department to improve the handling of such matters. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can make your next stay more enjoyable.

Regards,

Fredericksburg, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just need a place to crash before getting to the airport at 3:30 a.m. This place was not cheap ($125 for two). We did not get to the breakfast because it did not open until 5:30. The room was clean unless you looked behind the nightstand and the beds were so soft that they bowed when you sat on them. It was good enough to catch a few hours sleep, but I will look for another property next time. The front desk staff was courteous, but it took a long time to check in; efficiency was not a priority.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about the Comfort Inn Inn & Suites, Sterling, VA.We value your comments and patronage and will use your comments to enhance the quality of our product. We are sorry that your were disappointed at check in, please give us one more chance to make it right.

Regards,

Jay Javid

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!