“Don't expect repairs to be made” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Don't expect repairs to be made”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Thankfully it wasn't terribly hot outside when we stayed.

The room was ok - pretty clean. The drain in the shower was dislodged and one light in the bathroom was burned out. After a couple of hours we realized that the a/c was blowing, but not cooling. The a/c unit was making a weird noise, too. We told the front desk and they sent a gentleman right away. He fiddled with the a/c unit for a while and said he was sorry, it probably needed coolant. I hoped that as the evening cooled down we'd cool down, too, but by about 10 that night it was still hot. I asked the front desk for a fan - sorry. They didn't offer another room, either. I wish I had asked - in retrospect - as we spent a very hot night.

The next morning the machine wouldn't even blow any air. When I checked out I mentioned to the clerk that it wasn't working at all and we spent a really hot night. He said he was sorry and gave me my receipt. I'm a bit wimpy and just walked away. Then I decided to get a backbone and ask if they'd give me a refund. The clerk apologized and said he couldn't do so without the manager. They weren't in. He gave me a business card and wrote down Jay and Nina's names and suggested I call the next day.

I reached Nina the next day and she agreed to give me a 25% discount. I don't really feel good about that as it was a miserable night when we really needed rest.

On the up side, the hotel was quiet and pretty clean. The window bed was a neat twist.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for leaving a comment about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had so many problems with your room. I will definitely forward this to both my maintenance and front desk department to improve the handling of such matters. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can make your next stay more enjoyable.

Jay Javid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fredericksburg, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just need a place to crash before getting to the airport at 3:30 a.m. This place was not cheap ($125 for two). We did not get to the breakfast because it did not open until 5:30. The room was clean unless you looked behind the nightstand and the beds were so soft that they bowed when you sat on them. It was good enough to catch a few hours sleep, but I will look for another property next time. The front desk staff was courteous, but it took a long time to check in; efficiency was not a priority.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about the Comfort Inn Inn & Suites, Sterling, VA.We value your comments and patronage and will use your comments to enhance the quality of our product. We are sorry that your were disappointed at check in, please give us one more chance to make it right.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I reserved a spot at this hotel to park my car here for 9 nights using a 3rd party. I showed up at 5:30am to park my car and catch my early morning flight. The guy at the front desk informs me that there are no open parking spots. I’m obviously really upset since I have a spot reserved and need to catch my flight. He starts telling me a sob story about the parking situation and how it’s not the hotel’s fault. Everything he said was garbage since it was clearly the hotel’s fault. If you cannot accommodate long term parkers, then don’t sell long term parking online! I asked him what he was going to do, and he actually told me to leave and park somewhere else! Wow, what great customer service (sarcasm). The guy was completely useless, was rude, and even started yelling at me. I saw 2 other couples after me have the same problem.

I left and parked at another hotel which was able to accommodate me. The whole fiasco caused me to miss my flight, miss my connection, and caused me a lot of unnecessary stress. The parking company online where I made my reservation gave me a refund for the parking, but told me that all other compensation would need to come from the hotel. My attempts to contact the hotel for this have not been answered, thus here is the negative review I promised.

Why would anyone want to stay at this hotel when they clearly do not care for customers? You need to train your morning shift managers how to handle situations like this and not yell at the customers, esp when the hotel is at fault. This was a horrible experience, and it only involved parking. Pathetic service and did not take responsibility for their screw up. Do not reserve long term parking here and do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your parking experience. We have studied your comments and will take immediate action to resolve this break in service. Kindly accept our sincere apologies.

WV & TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Clean and comfortable. Nicely appointed king room with microwave, coffee etc. Didn't realize how quiet until we came down for breakfast and discovered a huge school group. They even did a good job considering the group with keeping the breakfast items stocked. Good shuttle to airport. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a comment about your positive experience. We are glad you enjoyed your nicely appointed king suite and were satisfied with our shuttle service. Our breakfast staff always receives a lot of praise for their hard work, and we are glad your recognize that as well. We look forward to your next stay with us.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Well the info desk at the airport was nice enough to call the hotel to check on room availability and have the van sent over.
We waited and saw what looked like the shuttle zip by our stop. Waited some more then called the hotel and then the van showed up.
Got to the hotel. Pretty basic but super cheap rate. I unfortunately saw something crawling on the curtain so I drew the curtain back and it popped on the day bed near the window. That was the first of three attempts to rid the room of him and some freinds. Total insectoid nightmare.
Note to hotel #238 needs your attention pronto!!

• Stayed May 2013
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking your time by leaving a comment about your stay. We sincerely apologize about the stink bugs you found in your room. We always try to make our customers stay a satisfying one with prompt reactions to their needs. Had you brought it to our attention we would have been happy to take care of your unwanted visitors. We are glad you took a picture of this harmless pest; we here in Northern Virginia are daily fighting against it since there is no official pesticide that could kill them. Believe me, we are trying to do our best to keep them from getting in, but as you saw for yourself it doesn’t always work, and I am sorry for that.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Beds that were immaculately prepared, rooms that were thoroughly clean, staff that were courteous and helpful [Paula and Velia in our case], breakfast that was diverse and more than adequate, exercise room that was available 24/7 ... at one of the most reasonable prices around. Spend more money if want to do so, but I'll stay here and spend my savings on my family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the property and the services we provide. We look forward to your next stay when travel brings you back to our area.

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I checked in late at night. Hotel waas easy to get to. The room was good very clean. I know a security guard in the hallway on the 2nd floor going to my room. Hotel Front "Velia" provided excellent service. I was able to get a late checkout which was a helped a lot for the drive to Norfolk. Well Pleased................. Thanks Velia. I will use the property in my future travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for leaving a comment and recognizing our excellent staff and clean rooms. We are always committed to going the extra mile to satisfy our guests and we are pleased that Velia could help you out. Your experience assures us that you will choose us again on your next visit.

Jay Javid

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!