“Great Comfort Inn stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Great Comfort Inn stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took a group of 14 students and two adults to Washington, DC and we stayed at this Comfort Inn for two nights. We got excellent service. We planned on the hotel's shuttle service to and from Dulles on four occasions. Because of the number of people in the group the hotel provided two shuttle runs to accomodate all of us. The wait between shuttles was minimal which allowed us to keep to our schedule. When we first arrived in the evening, we couldn't fit everyone in the group into the Comfort Inn shuttle van, so Hector, the Comfort Inn shuttle driver, arranged with a Holiday Inn shuttle driver to take the remaining members of our party to the Comfort Inn. We appreciated that a lot. In addition, Velia shuttled all of us (two runs) to the Air and Space Museum at Dulles - not a normal route for the shuttle. The hotel accomodated us very well at a very reasonable price. The continental breakfast fed 14 hungry teenagers, who had NO complaints.
Internet service was free which we all really appreciated. However, it was slow. Access to a computer and printer was also appreciated but the computer software should be upgraded so that .pdf file boarding passes can be printed. All in all, a nice experience for a group of 16. We paln to come back to this hotel next year on our annual Washington, DC trip.

Room Tip: The rooms we were assigned worked very well for us. They kept our group pretty much together.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Recently renovated Comfort Inn, tucked behind a much more upscale appearing Hyatt Place hotel. Check-in was seamless. Room was actually pretty nice. It was a suite, separated by a small wet bar. Large LCD television and a sitting area by the window.

Bed was reasonably comfortable although the pillows were kind of lumpy . There were no power outlets at the bedside, but the desk had two. There was no outside noise, but there was a lot of hallway noise. Walls and doors were very thin.

Very good location - around 2 miles to the Dulles airport. Personally I think the price is a little high for this property. I would pay $80-$90 per night here, but not more. There are higher quality options nearby. Still, this was adequate.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for one night after arriving at IAD late at night. There is a free shuttle to/from the hotel; you have to call for pickup. The time between the call and the pickup was about 10-15 minutes; the hotel is less than 10 minutes drive from the airport, so it is fairly convenient.

The hotel itself is pretty typical for this class of hotel. The rooms are clean and large, though somewhat dark. Amenities are average (coffee, fridge, basic toiletries, etc.). The staff are cheerful and helpful.

The location is somewhat isolated, and really only convenient for the airport. The shuttle does NOT run to the metro, which is somewhat disappointing.

Complimentary breakfast is provided (waffles, cereal, eggs, breakfast meats, etc.), as is complimentary wireless internet. Wireless speeds were okay, but not great.

Overall, a reasonable place for an overnight while transiting through IAD, but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The rooms are nice. My particular room was a single bed and smallish, but worked well for my one night stay. The breakfast was excellent and the hotel staff went out of their way to make you comfortable. I would recommend as a good location to stay at prior to a next day flight. I don't know if I would want to stay here a week without a car as there really is nothing within walking distance, but I ordered delivery and the restaurant provided speedy service. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nederland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Rooms are a bit dark, but large. Toilet flushes loud. Good shuttle service for Dulles Airport, friendly front desk staff. Stayed here twice in three weeks' time and they returned my kettle, which I had forgotten after my previous stay. My compliments on that point!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I checked into this hotel late at night (without a reservation) and would be happy to stay again. The front desk staff was quite friendly and helpful, offering me coffee and cookies. The rate wasn't terribly low, but I didn't expect a room near Dulles to be low-priced, and I believe it was comparable to the other hotels nearby.

The room was spotless and well-maintained. I saw no maintenance issues, and the bathroom was quite large. The beds had fresh, comfortable linens and the air conditioner was just loud enough to cover any noise from outside, but not loud enough to keep me awake. I didn't even need to use the noise app I generally must have to get to sleep in hotels. The room had a large TV with plenty of channels as well as free wifi.

I was in a hurry so I didn't make in-room coffee, but there was a selection of both coffee and tea, and the coffee pot is located in the room, not the bathroom. The hotel also has complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The lady called Velia is doing great job in the hotel. The location is acceptable. Stayed one night there, the room are comfortable, good space for one night stay. Ver good location to the Dulles Airport, and good shuttle service. Their stuff are very nice, helpful, and friendly. The complimentary breakfast is nice. Totally worth its price.

Room Tip: Higher floors got more privacy.
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway? Share your experiences!