“Extended Stay, Sterling VA is great value/convenience/quiet/location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Vancouver
“Extended Stay, Sterling VA is great value/convenience/quiet/location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Extended Stay Sterling VA is great value, convenience & location.
I stayed for several weeks doing a computer mainframe conversion to linux.
I love the full size refrigerator & kitchen provided; I can shop at Safeway for my healthy
food (Broccoli, etc) or Costco for Frozen fish etc.
Loved the big Borders book store across the street & Seattle's Best coffee
I can jog around on the track around the pond.
The staff was very friendly & helpfull
Could not have been better
Thanks, Owen Townsend

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

My husband has business in the area and we are travelling with our pets. This completely fits the bill for us. I've been here for over a week now, with another week to go, and can't register a single complaint. Our room was clean upon arrival. They even held our reservation for us until the next morning after we alerted them that we were having car trouble. (You have to check in by a certain time, even with a credit card hold, or they cancel the reservation.) I booked directly trough the hotel's website - found it through TripAdvisor. Very reasonable rate with AAA discount. Front desk staff has been extremely accommodating. Manager Richard is SUPER!. Our room is rather minimal, but suits our needs. Housekeeping is once a week, which is fine for me since I have pets in the room and wouldn't want someone in there daily anyway. I was concerned about fleas, but no such problem. There's a laundry facility on site. They even have free shuttle service anywhere in a 3 mile range. That helped tremendously with our car going in the shop for a few days. They took my husband to his jobsite in the morning. Plenty of shopping nearby. Walmart next door. BestBuy, TJ Maxx, World Market and more across the street. The best Chili's I've ever been to across the street as well. Check yelp.com for restaurant recommendations nearby and trust them! We've had some awesome meals in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We got 2 rooms for $68/night. For this price, unless you absolutely need/want the option of cooking your own food in the kitchen, look somewhere else. There are more convenient clean deals in the area, just as close to DC.

The benefit of this place, you get a "fully" functional and stocked kitchenette, with microwave, 2 range electric stove, small fridge, with tiny freezer, a sink. They give you dish soap, filters for your coffee pot, cooking pot, pan, utensils and plateware for 2 people. They also havce BBQ grills available for visitors use, a decent treadmill, eliptical, and basic weight bench in the gym. Free HBO. The area is also chock full of shopping, grocery, fast food, wal-mart, and mall.

The minus's: The first room we checked into the bed had obviously been slept in and the linens had not been changed, the pillow cases were dirty, not stained, freshly dirty. We switched rooms, the second room the linens were clean but the towels were stained. I will say they were not dirty, but come on, you can't give stained white towels to people in a hotel. Our kitchen did not have a frying pan, we had to borrow the one from our parents room. The quality of this cookware is AWFUL... how the hell does bacon stick to a non-stick pan?

My parents room was clean, but their microwave didn't work, it seemed like someone had put metal in there and no one replaced the microwave. When they called to get it replaced no one answered the phone, we had to go down and let them know, and they said we'll get to it. 3 days later no new microwave.

Some interesting notes. the place looks new, clean on first inspection, but look closer. I don't know what happened btwn the previous reviews and my stay, but this place definitely doesn't deserve more than 2 stars. The place is badly managed. They say on the brochure "weekly" cleaning, i guess catering to people staying for extended times, but it turns out housekeeping uses this as an excuse not to clean rooms until they absolutely have too, despite whether new people are checking into a room or not.

I went downstairs to ask for more towels and they didn't have any available, they were in the washer. The woman before me in line was asking for new linens, why? because she had just checked in and her linens were dirty, these also were not available cuz they were in the washer. Hotels should have plenty of linens. bad bad management.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
sessterling, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, November 5, 2009
Thank you for your constructive comments. Since we take pride in our product your comments were taken seriously and steps were immediately taken to correct deficiences noted. We invite you to visit our facility again and you will definately appreciate that we listen to our guests.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I travel 75% of the year for work. I've been in poor hotels, I've been in downright bad hotels. This was one of the worst. Upon checking in, it took four tries to get me into a room: 1st Room -- screaming baby next door and hallways smelled of fried chicken; 2nd Room -- FLEAS on the carpet - -no joke; 3rd Room -- broken air conditioner/room was 100 degrees; 4th Room -- also broken a/c but I was so tired I had to sleep. The front desk attendant pretended to care as much as he could, but ultimately he didn't make much of an effort after I explained to him that fleas were biting my ankles in the 3rd room. They promised me a King over the phone and then claimed all the Kings were sold out when I arrived on site. The rooms are dirty, the furniture is old, the place smells. And then there was the 4am fire alarm...yeah, no joke. NO matter what you can get on hotwire or priceline, it's not worth it folks. Find a howard johnson's -- it's a major step up.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Your comments were fully understood. I am happy to say that all shortcomings have been corrected and because of your constructive comments we have been getting positive feedback with regards to our property. I wish to invite you back to the Sterling Suburban where your comments have made a great difference. We thank you.
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed 3 days. Was very happy with the hotel and it was the best price I could find

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

I travel and work remotely 95% of the year doing custom computer software and database work. I normally stay in Extended Stay America or Studio Plus. This one was the best -- clean, excellent furnishings, very nice overstuffed chair and ottoman, and two real desk chairs. The staff was great and seemed to really care. The price was excellent as well for over a month's stay, cheaper than those in other large cities such as Atlanta and Nashville.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
sterling va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

Excellent Customer Service Skills. Housekeepers, front desk, managers..everyone was terrific. Made me feel right at home.
Ashraf Sabrin
Maryland

• Liked — SERVICE
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling? Share your experiences!