“Great Value and Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Alexandria, Egypt
“Great Value and Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Travelling over 70% of the month in this area - a last minute scheduling landed me in this location. My agent wasnt sure from the picture what I may encounter and there is a 24Hr cancellation had I arrived early I wouldnt be able to cancel after reviewing - but when she said what the cost would be I said are you sure - and I said what the hell I could lose that if it was a dive.

I was genuinely suprised at the cleanliness, exterior and interior of the hotel - for the value - I would absolutely utilize the facility - the fitness area is ok and the WIFI is great. My only complaint is there is a smell in the building that reminds me of doing laundry in the basement of my manhattan apartment other than that - this is a great value for the money at anytime in the Northern VA, DC market.

Most importantly the attendant at the desk - Reggy - what an awesome guy - he has the right attitude and disposition to manage customers in an hospitality environment.

I have already sent an email to my agent to add this location to my profile.

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the building away from the Candlewood Suites which shares the parking lot - they...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you baker3243553 for your appreciation of our team members' hard work. They are responsible in maintaining the cleanliness of the hotel and giving you the best possible service any hotel can give. I'll make sure Reggie reads your review. I am pretty sure he'll be delighted to know that you complimented him on tripadvisor.

I never noticed the laundry smell in the hotel before but I'll see to it that this gets taken cared of. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we hope to see again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stay here 2-3 months at a time. Very happy with the accomodations. Your staff is very friendly and helpful. Reggy is great! (Very kick back, but gets the work done.) Sauron is a wonderful choice to replace Carla. He is courteous and professional. We travel alot and are impressed with your organization here. Always look forward to staying here. We recommend this place to alot of people. Thank you!

Your maintenance manager is also a big plus to the organization. He is also very friendly and courteous. The grounds are always clean and neat. Enjoyable to be here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you milly f for that wonderful review! I am happy to know that we were able to provide you excellent service everytime you come to visit us. Our team works hard to ensure we can provide you the best possible accomodations and it is a delight when our guests recognize that. Thank you for keeping us in mind when recommending a hotel to your friends. We hope you will continue to patronize Suburban E.S. Sterling and we are looking forward to being of service to you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about a month and I've been very comfortable here. Everyone has been friendly especially Reggy. I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose a room in the first floor. I want to open the window but I feel you can see ev...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hello junesdec90! Thank you for recommending our hotel on tripadvisor. I am delighted that we made you feel comfortable while you were with us. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our team members, especially Reggie. Thank you for staying at Suburban Extended Stay Sterling. Hope to see you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have been living here close to one month and everything I ever asked for was delivered with the highest courtesy, respect and friendliness by the whole customer service team of the Suburban Hotel - Glenn/Reggy/Carla/Stan.

The property is well maintained, conveniently located to Wal-Mart and has all the amenities I need in the hotel room.

It's truly home away from home!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you Angelie O for taking the time to write us a review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that we are able to provide you great customer service. Our team members are dedicated to ensuring that our hotel is always clean and that everybody gets a comfortable stay while they are here. I'll make sure our team gets to read your review. Thank you and I hope you visit us again in the future.
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel has a SERIOUS PROBLEM with FIRE ALARMS. For two nights in a row their fire alarm went off. One day at 3am and the very NEXT day at 7:30am. The alarm is so loud you HAVE to hurriedly get dressed, grab your most valuable possessions (especially your room key so you can get back in) and leave the building to seek refuge in your car. A fire truck was dispatched but soon left both times because of the false alarms. Also, we found that this hotel does NOT have daily or even every other day maid service… we can only estimate it's got once per week maid service. Oh, and on top of all that, while they do have wi-fi internet, it SUCKS. Their wi-fi can let you get on a few web pages, but then it drops off so you can't use it consistently. Because of these extreme annoyances, we will NOT be staying at this hotel again, EVER.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
cndlherndon, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
I'd like to apologize that you didn't have a good experience with us Brad P. Please know that it is not normal for our hotel to get fire alarms. It is unfortunate that you had to experience it twice while you were with us. How I wish we have control over them.

As an extended stay hotel, our maid service is done weekly. But we can always provide fresh towels/linens, soap, shampoo, etc. to our guests when needed. As for our wifi service, please be assured that it has a good speed great for web-browsing and checking email.

I hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that we have a great hotel. All of us at Suburban Sterling is committed to making sure everything goes well during your stay. Please allow us to resolve any of your issues next time you are with us. We are here to be at your service all the time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The property is very well maintained, and an important access is the front desk staff, especially Carla, who demonstrates the attitude of helpfulness that it takes to enable guests to approach the staff with issues that arise at any hotel. It's important to note that housekeeping is done weekly, which is ideal, and routine maintenance is done concurrent with this. If a towel is missing, the front desk can take care of it and also provide helpful information about how to navigate the extensive stores and other facilities available in the area.

Room Tip: Know your needs, whether for a king or two double beds.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you Robert F for your recommendation of our hotel on Tripadvisor. It is such a delight to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. We try our best to keep our hotel nice and clean and I appreciate that you have noticed our efforts. I'll make sure the staff, especially Carla, gets to read your review.
We hope you will continue to let us serve you in the future. Thank you for staying at Suburban Extended Stay Sterling!
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was so glad to see the smile on Glenn's face when I walked in, and the fact that he could remember who I was since last year when I last visited, made all the difference for me. The room was big, comfortable and had all the amenities I needed. Glenn made sure I had everything I needed, and when ever I walked by the desk, he would ask about my well being. There are lots of places, such as restaurants, fast food, stores, that are within walk-able distances around the hotel. I did enjoy my stay, and I hope to continue enjoying my stay whenever I visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your review NancyQueen! I am delighted to know that Glenn made a lasting impression on you during your stay. Im sure he'll be happy to know that you mentioned him on your review. Our team is dedicated into ensuring that each guest feels comfortable and happy while staying with us. I am glad that we have accomplished that goal. Thank you for your continued patronage. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling? Share your experiences!