“Bed bug found in room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bed bug found in room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

This was a decent place to stay. The kitchenette was great with a full size fridge, microwave and a couple electric burners for cooking. There was also a dishwasher and the necessary dishes, cookware and silverware.

However, several days into my stay, I found a bed bug on the bedspread. We haven't found any other bugs or evidence of a large infestation, but this was still disturbing The manager seemed surprised to find out there were bed bugs in our room. However, when the housekeeper came to the room to change the sheets, we asked her if she had seen any bugs and she said that there were lots of bugs at the hotel. I find it hard to believe that we are the first to alert the manager to this problem.

Also, although the room was nonsmoking, it still had a musty smoke smell each time we entered the room.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Operating Partner/Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, June 16, 2006
As the Manager of this hotel, when the guest informed us of this situation, we were stunned. I opened this property less than 2 years ago and take much pride in it as I am also the Operating Partner.

We called in the Pest Control Specialist the next day. I went into the suite with him and took everything apart to search for more. As the Specialist relayed to me, bed bugs do not travel in 1's, they multiply expediently, and they will always leave signs behind. Nothing else was found.

When our housekeepers go into suites, oftentimes guests talk to them, they smile and nod. Not one of ours speaks much English . . . This housekeeper was probably misunderstood.

I would like to thank this person for writing a review and it is unfortunate their information was misunderstood. We appreciate all comments, both positive and negative, this is one way that we can truely provide GREAT service!

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2006

This is a really nice place to stay in this area. It's not stuck in the middle of a bunch of stuff, but still close enough to drive (nothing really within walking distance except for WalMart, Best Buy, etc.).
Like the one other Candlewood I've stayed at (Salt Lake City, UT) the rooms are spacious, very clean and modern. Great gym, a pantry with snacks and toiletries, movies to check out. There's a Wegman's grocery store within 5-minutes. Restaurants, theater, book stores, Dulles Town Center mall also within 5-minutes.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank Darryl P
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2005

If you are like me and don't usually like hotels, the candlewood is perfect. Nice roomy rooms (we got the suite with bedroom), fully equiped kitchen and great internet (wired and wireless)

I brought my family along for this business trip from europe and I am very happy I did it.. .except for the jet lag.

The hotel is close to shopping, has a nice gym is very clean and new. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling

Address: 45520 East Severn Way, Sterling, VA 20164
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites
#5 Business Hotel in Sterling
#11 Family Hotel in Sterling
Price Range (Based on Average Rates):
Hotel Class:2 star — Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling 2*
An All-Suite Hotel with Full Kitchens, ample free parking, and Candlewood Values abound. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Candlewood Suites Sterling