“Everything I've expected and more” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Culpeper, Virginia
“Everything I've expected and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel by accident; my husband and I thought it was motel. I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms had been recently renovated from what I heard from the manager her name was Laila and Rosa very professional ladies very helpful and friendly. My husband got sick in our way to New York and we did not know when to stay. To my surprise we also did not know this was part of the Holiday Inn family. My family and I never stayed in a extended stay hotel before we were expecting housekeeping service everyday and they do not provide it since we have to stay more then 7 days which i understand. We really appreciate all the help provided by the entire staff during our stay in DC. We are looking forward to come to this area again next spring for our family vacation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Alexandra J,

Thank you for your kind comments! We are so happy that our Management Staff were able to assist you an your family during your stay.

Correct, we value our guests privacy, so we provide Housekeeping Service just once per week. However, fresh towels and sheets are always available.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for over 45 days and would like to thank the whole staff I particular Ms. Brenda Arevalo. Brenda went above and beyond her duties to assist me. Thank you so much for making everyday a joyful and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms far from the entrances are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Andre W,

Thank you for your terrific comments about our newest team member, Brenda! She has been a fantastic asset to our team and we are so pleased at the superior customer service she has been providing to all of our guests!

We look forward to assisting you with your travel needs in the future.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed there for the whole month of June & loved everything. Amazed by the hospitality & efficient services provided by the Hotel. All the people from hotel staff is brilliant especially Brenda, Saroun & Laila.

The only suggestion is to provide room service at least twice a week in case of longer stay.

Room Tip: I got the room on 3rd floor with the view of road & it was awesome.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Travelfreaked,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response on how you enjoyed our hotel and services. We take the most pride in our staff who go well above and beyond the call of service. We are defiantly the perfect choice for a months stay in Sterling. Our newly renovated Kitchens and Bathrooms provide a modern comfort and convenience that we are used to in our own homes!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here one night on business. I have stayed at this hotel before and have always loved it, but this time was a major surprise in that they have renovated! The kitchens are sleek, modern and very eye catching. They have new bedding that is absolutely amazing, and all of the hallways have new modern carpet. I would have continued to stay here anyways, but this just puts them over the top!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sara G,

Thank you for your fabulous comments! We love that we can offer newly renovated suites with modern kitchens and larger refrigerators with state of the art Ice Makers! We know you will continue to be happy with our hotel and services!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team.
SF Bay Area, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I reserved a non-smoking room through our corporate account at work and to my disappointment, I was given a smoking room because there was nothing else available. The receptionists were kind enough to put air purifiers in the room to neutralize the smell however the odor was too strong in the room and in the hallway for me to get a good night's rest so I left and checked into a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear RO A,

Thank you for your comments. It is important that we get the feedback both positive and negative for this is the only way we know how to improve our hotel and services.

Please know that we do not purposely over book rooms. Oftentimes, there are rooms available at the time of booking, and then since we are an extended stay hotel, the guest in that room may have their job extended.

We should be more proactive in the future by calling the guest in advance so they can make other arrangements if necessary.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we hope that you will allow us an opportunity to serve you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here as part of group for Rolling Thunder weekend. You can't beat this price (about $70/night) for the value provided. The woman who checked us in was friendly and helpful as was the guy who helped me when I needed more towels and a replacement light bulb the next day. It's important to understand that this is an extended stay hotel, not a full service hotel. They make it very clear that towels are not changed out daily for example, and that was just fine. It's quiet, well kept and has everything you need. The evening we arrived, the hallway did smell like someone had been smoking, but that smell was gone the next day. It's very clear that you can't smoke on the floor or in the rooms, but I'd bet that someone had not followed that requirement. It's a short walk to several restaurants; Walmart and Sam's Club are on the adjacent parking lot. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JoeSetta,

Thank you so much for staying with us once again during the Memorial Day weekend Rolling Thunder ride. It is a pleasure to serve your group year after year.

Next time you visit, we will have newly renovated Kitchens and Bathrooms providing for a very updated and modern look!

We look forward to serving you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

All of the staff and management went out of their way to make this stay the best of all of the hotels that I stayed in on my 35 day road trip! I want to especially thank the General Manager Laila Oinas for her help. Obviously she is doing a great job as it isn't often that the staff praise their manager in such glowing terms. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff... they actually know what they are doing!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Davidqualitystamps,

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff! The General Manager has been there since the hotel opened many years ago and takes so much pride in her hotel, services, and most importantly, the employees.

If your travels bring you back to the area, next time you will find newly renovated Kitchens and Bathrooms in our suites! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!