“Extended Stay at Candlewood Suites in Sterling VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Chiyoda, Japan
“Extended Stay at Candlewood Suites in Sterling VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My stay over the last two months has been nothing short of exemplary. The staff and management have been always there to help and support me during my stays.

I can't remember when I have had a better experience or met a group of people tat are so genuinely concerned with the welfare and comfort of their guests.
I plan on making this site my home away from home when I am in the area.

Andrew M. Newhart CTO
NCS Data Systems
Chicago IL
888-637-9410

Room Tip: All the room in the location are clean and quiet. The suites have a separated bedroom making a coupl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Andy N,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff. We love to hear the positive feedback that our jobs are so important to keeping our guests comfortable!

We will look forward to serving you again in the future!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have nothing but nice things to say about Candlewood. The rooms are clean, spacious and the staff is great, especially Rosa who went out of her way to make me feel welcome! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tracy K,

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel! We love that Rosa is still with us, she has been with the hotel for over 4 years and look forward to her being here many more.

Our housekeeping team loves to hear the feedback the their rooms are always super clean! Thank you so much!

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Northern Virginia near Dulles seems to be an area of massive developments - blocks of houses or corporate headquarters. My room was better equipted than some of the places I have called home and it felt more like living in an older apartment building. The staff is wonderfully friendly - particularly Rosa, at the front desk, who gave me insider directions to the great local restaurants. I hope we go back here again!

Room Tip: I always like upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Taft K,

Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel and staff. We do pride ourselves on providing the most excellent service!

We love that we are walking distance to the local grocery and shops. We will look forward to serving you again in the future!

The Candlewood Suites Hotel Team
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed at this location multiple times for several days each trip. It is an older hotel that offers nothing special. The rooms are basically clean but not sparkling. The furniture is old and tattered and the carpets are dirty but we work a dirty job so I guess it is not a problem for me and my crew. We like the full size kitchens and especially like the grills that are available outdoors.

I have stayed in Candlewood Suites in other towns. This one has a particularly young staff. Many of the staff members are very nice and helpful knowing that we are from out of town and unfamiliar with the area. The morning manager is both kind and professional. One of the younger, newer staffers, Puneet, is quite playful with the guests. I have witnessed this several times and find it uncomfortable and unprofessional. We work long hours so I've been unable to meet most of the staff.

Overall, it is a good hotel for my type of work and the location is convenient to the adjacent highway. I will continue to stay here for work purposes when in town, but I do not believe I would bring my family here.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the one bedroom suite. The extra living space is well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear "Always Moving J"

Thank you so much for your comments! We always appreciate comments, for this is how we can continue to improve our hotel and services. We are listening, as we are in the process of hotel renovations, this will include carpet, kitchen and bath facing, bedding, furniture, and a few other items.

I'm glad that our staff were able to provide you with knowledge about the area. We do have a few new staff members and we want to be sure that each guest is provided with the best customer service and professionalism. I have been here for 9 years, and with the brand for 13, we continue to pride ourselves on our excellent customer service.

I have always encouraged our guests to contact me at the hotel directly if they feel that we have not been fulfilling our customer service commitment. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to speak with you directly in the future.

Laila Oinas
703-674-2288
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

i was very impressed with the staff and all their effort that they but into their jobs Puneet was very friendly and helpful she gave us a list of all the thing we could do in the area and even looked up the addresses and phone numbers for us

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments about Puneet and the great customer service she provided! She is the newest member of our team and we knew she'd be fantastic!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for a week and while the room was clean and acceptable, everything seemed a little dated. Staying here was kind of like living in my grandmother's house for a week. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but it's just not up-to-date. For the price, you're better off staying at a TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Since this is an extended stay hotel, there is no complimentary breakfast.

I would consider staying here again, though, if I could get the room at a great discount. It is in an excellent location, close to Walmart, Sam's Club, restaurants and Dulles Town Center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate what we can do to make our hotel better.

We actually DO have planned Renovations scheduled to begin next month! We are renovating carpets, kitchens, bathrooms, and exercise equipment.

We do love that we are in a fantastic location walking distance to the SUPER Walmart and the Dulles Town Center Mall with so many restaurant choices.

We hope that you can try us again after our renovations are complete.

Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at this Candlewood and although the staff was very friendly the property was a little worse for wear. Lots of working types around and not really a family atmosphere. As a single guy I would return but I wasn't too impressed as a place to bring my wife for a few days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to comment about our hotel feeling a bit worn. We have listened and re planning renovations for this last quarter in 2013. A few of the items we are planning are new kitchens, bathrooms, hall carpets, and fancy new state of the art exercise equipment.

We hope that if you return to the area again you will give us another try.

We value your comments and look forward to serving you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!