“Good Enough for My Construction Crew” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good Enough for My Construction Crew”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed at this location multiple times for several days each trip. It is an older hotel that offers nothing special. The rooms are basically clean but not sparkling. The furniture is old and tattered and the carpets are dirty but we work a dirty job so I guess it is not a problem for me and my crew. We like the full size kitchens and especially like the grills that are available outdoors.

I have stayed in Candlewood Suites in other towns. This one has a particularly young staff. Many of the staff members are very nice and helpful knowing that we are from out of town and unfamiliar with the area. The morning manager is both kind and professional. One of the younger, newer staffers, Puneet, is quite playful with the guests. I have witnessed this several times and find it uncomfortable and unprofessional. We work long hours so I've been unable to meet most of the staff.

Overall, it is a good hotel for my type of work and the location is convenient to the adjacent highway. I will continue to stay here for work purposes when in town, but I do not believe I would bring my family here.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the one bedroom suite. The extra living space is well worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear "Always Moving J"

Thank you so much for your comments! We always appreciate comments, for this is how we can continue to improve our hotel and services. We are listening, as we are in the process of hotel renovations, this will include carpet, kitchen and bath facing, bedding, furniture, and a few other items.

I'm glad that our staff were able to provide you with knowledge about the area. We do have a few new staff members and we want to be sure that each guest is provided with the best customer service and professionalism. I have been here for 9 years, and with the brand for 13, we continue to pride ourselves on our excellent customer service.

I have always encouraged our guests to contact me at the hotel directly if they feel that we have not been fulfilling our customer service commitment. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to speak with you directly in the future.

Laila Oinas
703-674-2288

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

i was very impressed with the staff and all their effort that they but into their jobs Puneet was very friendly and helpful she gave us a list of all the thing we could do in the area and even looked up the addresses and phone numbers for us

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments about Puneet and the great customer service she provided! She is the newest member of our team and we knew she'd be fantastic!

Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for a week and while the room was clean and acceptable, everything seemed a little dated. Staying here was kind of like living in my grandmother's house for a week. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but it's just not up-to-date. For the price, you're better off staying at a TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Since this is an extended stay hotel, there is no complimentary breakfast.

I would consider staying here again, though, if I could get the room at a great discount. It is in an excellent location, close to Walmart, Sam's Club, restaurants and Dulles Town Center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate what we can do to make our hotel better.

We actually DO have planned Renovations scheduled to begin next month! We are renovating carpets, kitchens, bathrooms, and exercise equipment.

We do love that we are in a fantastic location walking distance to the SUPER Walmart and the Dulles Town Center Mall with so many restaurant choices.

We hope that you can try us again after our renovations are complete.

Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at this Candlewood and although the staff was very friendly the property was a little worse for wear. Lots of working types around and not really a family atmosphere. As a single guy I would return but I wasn't too impressed as a place to bring my wife for a few days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to comment about our hotel feeling a bit worn. We have listened and re planning renovations for this last quarter in 2013. A few of the items we are planning are new kitchens, bathrooms, hall carpets, and fancy new state of the art exercise equipment.

We hope that if you return to the area again you will give us another try.

We value your comments and look forward to serving you again.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was my first visit to Candlewood Suites in Sterling for a long term stay and I was totally impressed by the property and the service. We had to quickly find a property for myself and my family when we needed to leave our rental home and stay somewhere while we waited for our new home. Laila the general manager was amazing and offered us 3 rooms immediately for myself and my family and including the dog and for everyday during our 2 month stay, the staff has been extremely helpful and wonderful to work with. The guest rooms were clean and the bed was actually comfortable. I could not say enough to thank the staff for accommodating us and taking care of us during our stay there at The Candlewood Suites. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are for smoking guests and the first floor is for the guests with animals, so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments! We pride ourselves on providing 100% excellent customer service all the time! We understand that you have choices in choosing your lodging needs and are so happy that you selected, and continued to stay with us during your recent venture in between homes!

Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at Candlewood in Sterling a few times for almost a week each visit and I found it to be a very relaxing and accommodating hotel to stay in. The rooms are nice and there are plenty of washers and dryers! Mr. Tu at the font desk was extremely helpful and quick with my check in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear John J,

Thank you for your recommendation about our hotel and compliments to our Night Manager, Mr. Tu! He has been here for near 5 years and treats our guests and the property as his own home. We feel fortunate to have people like him who really do care.

We love that we are able to offer all our guests use of our FREE Washers and Dryers which are brand new just this summer. We are happy our guests make this their home away from home.

We look forward to your next visit!

Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been a resident of this hotel for over a year now and consider this home. Having stayed at numerous hotels over the years visiting many cities and countries and of all the hotels I've stayed at I can honestly say, without a doubt, that this one stands out as one of the best I've lived in, bar none! The staff is outstanding but special notice goes to Laila Oinas, the hotel GM and Rosa Ossa, the hotels AM who consistently go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful experience. To say it's clean and well maintained does not say enough about the Candlewood Suites in Sterling Virginia. It includes a courtesy laundry area, fresh coffee and an appropriately sized convenience store as part of the services offered. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone without thinking twice about it to all looking for a short or long stay. They make you feel like part of the family and will do everything they can to ensure your stay is a memorable experience. The IHG brand of hotels would do well to emulate this hotel as a standard to set for all their brands. Thank you for making my home an enjoyable and relaxing place to live!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
To our Favorite Guest!

Thank you for your comments Mr. Tom! It is always a pleasure to welcome you 'home' each and every day.

We so much appreciate your business!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!