“Fine but in need of some updating” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Fine but in need of some updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for a week and while the room was clean and acceptable, everything seemed a little dated. Staying here was kind of like living in my grandmother's house for a week. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but it's just not up-to-date. For the price, you're better off staying at a TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Since this is an extended stay hotel, there is no complimentary breakfast.

I would consider staying here again, though, if I could get the room at a great discount. It is in an excellent location, close to Walmart, Sam's Club, restaurants and Dulles Town Center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate what we can do to make our hotel better.

We actually DO have planned Renovations scheduled to begin next month! We are renovating carpets, kitchens, bathrooms, and exercise equipment.

We do love that we are in a fantastic location walking distance to the SUPER Walmart and the Dulles Town Center Mall with so many restaurant choices.

We hope that you can try us again after our renovations are complete.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at this Candlewood and although the staff was very friendly the property was a little worse for wear. Lots of working types around and not really a family atmosphere. As a single guy I would return but I wasn't too impressed as a place to bring my wife for a few days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to comment about our hotel feeling a bit worn. We have listened and re planning renovations for this last quarter in 2013. A few of the items we are planning are new kitchens, bathrooms, hall carpets, and fancy new state of the art exercise equipment.

We hope that if you return to the area again you will give us another try.

We value your comments and look forward to serving you again.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was my first visit to Candlewood Suites in Sterling for a long term stay and I was totally impressed by the property and the service. We had to quickly find a property for myself and my family when we needed to leave our rental home and stay somewhere while we waited for our new home. Laila the general manager was amazing and offered us 3 rooms immediately for myself and my family and including the dog and for everyday during our 2 month stay, the staff has been extremely helpful and wonderful to work with. The guest rooms were clean and the bed was actually comfortable. I could not say enough to thank the staff for accommodating us and taking care of us during our stay there at The Candlewood Suites. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are for smoking guests and the first floor is for the guests with animals, so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments! We pride ourselves on providing 100% excellent customer service all the time! We understand that you have choices in choosing your lodging needs and are so happy that you selected, and continued to stay with us during your recent venture in between homes!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at Candlewood in Sterling a few times for almost a week each visit and I found it to be a very relaxing and accommodating hotel to stay in. The rooms are nice and there are plenty of washers and dryers! Mr. Tu at the font desk was extremely helpful and quick with my check in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear John J,

Thank you for your recommendation about our hotel and compliments to our Night Manager, Mr. Tu! He has been here for near 5 years and treats our guests and the property as his own home. We feel fortunate to have people like him who really do care.

We love that we are able to offer all our guests use of our FREE Washers and Dryers which are brand new just this summer. We are happy our guests make this their home away from home.

We look forward to your next visit!

Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been a resident of this hotel for over a year now and consider this home. Having stayed at numerous hotels over the years visiting many cities and countries and of all the hotels I've stayed at I can honestly say, without a doubt, that this one stands out as one of the best I've lived in, bar none! The staff is outstanding but special notice goes to Laila Oinas, the hotel GM and Rosa Ossa, the hotels AM who consistently go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful experience. To say it's clean and well maintained does not say enough about the Candlewood Suites in Sterling Virginia. It includes a courtesy laundry area, fresh coffee and an appropriately sized convenience store as part of the services offered. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone without thinking twice about it to all looking for a short or long stay. They make you feel like part of the family and will do everything they can to ensure your stay is a memorable experience. The IHG brand of hotels would do well to emulate this hotel as a standard to set for all their brands. Thank you for making my home an enjoyable and relaxing place to live!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
To our Favorite Guest!

Thank you for your comments Mr. Tom! It is always a pleasure to welcome you 'home' each and every day.

We so much appreciate your business!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Pros: Room, bathroom and carpet were very clean. Microwave, fridge...and free popcorn. Fresh smell throughout the whole hotel. Landry and dryer were free (24 hours) courtesy of the hotel, which is wonderful if you have a kid. You can some snacks and drinks available in a room by the reception (honor system for payment). One of the coolest things also, is that front desk closes at 11 pm, however, if you come later, all you have to do to check in is go through the front door, locate your first name on one of the safes, it will ask you to enter the first 3 digits of your last name and will automatically open up so you can get your key, quick and very easy.
Cons: depending on what road you take, there is a toll road to get to the hotel...and guess what, you need to have coins, no one at the toll to take your money!!! but that is not the hotel's fault of course.
Biggest con: standard room comes with a full size bed. Staff said they could not upgrade me to 2 beds when i called.

Overall, a good hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear ReDouane A,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and our Star Guest Service Employee.

We are very sorry we were not able to accommodate you with 2 Full Size Beds in the suite, unfortunately, we only have a few rooms with 2 beds, the rest are Single, Queen size beds. We are happy you encountered our Gem, Rosa Ossa, she always shows up with a smile from ear to ear willing and eager to help all our guests!

We hope that you get to stay with us again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Staff.
VIRGINIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After having my normal Hotel cancel my reservation that has been standing for the entire month!!! I travel to the area every week and stay at a hotel.. Well after being given the "shaft" I landed in the very capable hands of a Mrs Rosa Maria Ossa, what a great asset to have... The rooms were more than I had expected, very clean and neat and the grounds were very nice as well. Service was "top notch" I highly recommend this place to stay....

• Liked — SHOWERS
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Road Runner 202,

Thank you so much for the compliments about our hotel service! Ms. Rosa Ossa has been with us for may years and truly goes 'over the top' with the customer service she provides! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!