“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed at Candlewood in Sterling a few times for almost a week each visit and I found it to be a very relaxing and accommodating hotel to stay in. The rooms are nice and there are plenty of washers and dryers! Mr. Tu at the font desk was extremely helpful and quick with my check in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear John J,

Thank you for your recommendation about our hotel and compliments to our Night Manager, Mr. Tu! He has been here for near 5 years and treats our guests and the property as his own home. We feel fortunate to have people like him who really do care.

We love that we are able to offer all our guests use of our FREE Washers and Dryers which are brand new just this summer. We are happy our guests make this their home away from home.

We look forward to your next visit!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've been a resident of this hotel for over a year now and consider this home. Having stayed at numerous hotels over the years visiting many cities and countries and of all the hotels I've stayed at I can honestly say, without a doubt, that this one stands out as one of the best I've lived in, bar none! The staff is outstanding but special notice goes to Laila Oinas, the hotel GM and Rosa Ossa, the hotels AM who consistently go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful experience. To say it's clean and well maintained does not say enough about the Candlewood Suites in Sterling Virginia. It includes a courtesy laundry area, fresh coffee and an appropriately sized convenience store as part of the services offered. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone without thinking twice about it to all looking for a short or long stay. They make you feel like part of the family and will do everything they can to ensure your stay is a memorable experience. The IHG brand of hotels would do well to emulate this hotel as a standard to set for all their brands. Thank you for making my home an enjoyable and relaxing place to live!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
To our Favorite Guest!

Thank you for your comments Mr. Tom! It is always a pleasure to welcome you 'home' each and every day.

We so much appreciate your business!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Pros: Room, bathroom and carpet were very clean. Microwave, fridge...and free popcorn. Fresh smell throughout the whole hotel. Landry and dryer were free (24 hours) courtesy of the hotel, which is wonderful if you have a kid. You can some snacks and drinks available in a room by the reception (honor system for payment). One of the coolest things also, is that front desk closes at 11 pm, however, if you come later, all you have to do to check in is go through the front door, locate your first name on one of the safes, it will ask you to enter the first 3 digits of your last name and will automatically open up so you can get your key, quick and very easy.
Cons: depending on what road you take, there is a toll road to get to the hotel...and guess what, you need to have coins, no one at the toll to take your money!!! but that is not the hotel's fault of course.
Biggest con: standard room comes with a full size bed. Staff said they could not upgrade me to 2 beds when i called.

Overall, a good hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear ReDouane A,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and our Star Guest Service Employee.

We are very sorry we were not able to accommodate you with 2 Full Size Beds in the suite, unfortunately, we only have a few rooms with 2 beds, the rest are Single, Queen size beds. We are happy you encountered our Gem, Rosa Ossa, she always shows up with a smile from ear to ear willing and eager to help all our guests!

We hope that you get to stay with us again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Staff.
VIRGINIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

After having my normal Hotel cancel my reservation that has been standing for the entire month!!! I travel to the area every week and stay at a hotel.. Well after being given the "shaft" I landed in the very capable hands of a Mrs Rosa Maria Ossa, what a great asset to have... The rooms were more than I had expected, very clean and neat and the grounds were very nice as well. Service was "top notch" I highly recommend this place to stay....

• Liked — SHOWERS
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Road Runner 202,

Thank you so much for the compliments about our hotel service! Ms. Rosa Ossa has been with us for may years and truly goes 'over the top' with the customer service she provides! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel for long term . In good location and close to markets and outlets , transportation available but you need to know how . Amazing people at the desk , Rosa and Laila are great girls and will help you with big smile.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Candlewood Sterling Guest,

Thank you for the compliments about our fabulous staff, Yicel and Rosa truly have a fabulous demeanor with each and every guest! Our dedicated housekeepers and service staff have all been here for well over 5 years, and some almost 10, it is obvious that they enjoy what they do and take each day to the next level with cleanliness!

We look forward to serving you again!

Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel was a nice transition for me. I relocated to the area for a new job and this hotel was close and convenient for me during my initial stay in the area. The accommodations were fair, but the staff was friendly, helpful and consistent. Yicel was very welcoming upon my arrival. Rosa and Loula were very helpful throughout my stay. The cleaning staff did a fine job with keeping the room fresh and clean. All staff I encountered was generally very pleasant to be around. The price was very reasonable compared to the competitors. Surrounded by tons of amenities; restaurants, stores, shops and entertainment. Other guests were a little loud in the parking lot at times during the evening, but overall the room served its purpose for me in my transition.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We love to hear comments about the great staff that we have! Thank you! Most of the employees have been here for over 4 years now, some as long as 9.

We do know the parking lot was rather busy this past summer, creating more people and a little more noise than usual. But the summer is over and things are very quiet at the Candlewoood and back to normal!

We look forward to your next visit!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Staff
Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I came to "hole up" and work on a project for a few days--isolated from family, life, etc. This was older than other Candlewoods I've visited, and that was reflected in furnishings, etc. I got the work done that I needed, and I appreciated being next door to a Walmart for food etc.

If I had to do it over again, I'd do it a little differently:
1. I have a moderate mobility impairment, and I didn't realize this place was so big. I usually don't bother asking for a room near the front, but the walk to my room this time was a hike. If I'm here again, I'll ask for a more handicapped accessible room.
2. This hotel makes an echo canyon with an adjacent Suburban (similar type of hotel). Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the echo canyon.
3. From the elevator stop to my nonsmoking room on the fourth floor, I had to walk through the smoking room zone, and the stench was pretty nasty. (My own room had clean air.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear phm3,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We so much appreciate all comments, both positive and negative, this is how we can continue to improve our hotel and services.

This hotel is defiantly due for a full renovation and expect that it will take place in early 2014, we are hopeful to get new kitchens, appliances, carpets and more.

We are in a fantastic location walking distance from the Super Walmart and many, many shops and restaurants.

We hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us the opportunity to serve you.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!