“Excellent two years in this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Excellent two years in this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I almost lived in this hotel for two years. People there attend me very well. Good installations, includding fitness room, the rooms. If you need to buy something in Amazon, Tiger Direct, Newegg they can ship their products there. I recommend. It is one mile away from Orbital Space Systems, in Sterling.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you Mr. Marcus for your positive comments. It has been a pleasure to serve you over the past few years on your visits to the area. If you ever have needs to return to the area, we will be here to remind you that you are in your home away from home!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at this extended stay hotel for nearly two weeks (Aug 22nd - Sep 5th, 2012) and loved every minute of it. We were EXTREMELY impressed by the Manager, Viet, who helped us with questions, concerns, and everything in between. It was completely obvious that this gentleman has all the Customer Relationship Management skills needed to run a place like this. Our unit was clean, the grounds were awesome, and our dog loved the outside pet walking area to do his doody. We have stayed here 2 years ago and every time we come up from Florida in the future we will definitely stay here. We also hope that Viet will be there as well. He's terrific!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Mike D for your comments! We love that we have a place where people can travel comfortably with their pets. And especially for recognizing our Star Guest Service Representative, Viet. He has been such an asset to this team and hotel! We look forward to being able to accommodate you again for your future travel needs to the Washington Area.
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I travel to sterling often for work and stayed here the last 3 times, by far the best in the area. I only eat in so the BBQ area was perfect for me to cook. I'll be in the area again soon and this is the place I'll be booking ahead of time.

Room Tip: ask about the BBQ area
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you st350z for your comments! We love that people can have a place to share their positive experiences! We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Washington area.
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Overall this was a great stay for my family and I. We drove up from Florida and stayed for 2 nights. The hotel was very nice and clean. The lobby had many useful necessities after a long trip like computer w/ internet access, beverage and food for a quick snack, plus the employees offered quick and fast service to make check in easy! The room had newly furnish and a kitchen w/ supplies to allow you to whip up a quick home cook meal. A microwave for those not too familiar in a kitchen. The hotel was located right next door to a Walmart and many restaurants for a quick stop for food and shopping! The best part was a garden hose for cleaning off bugs from an 18 hour drive. Hard to find this at any hotel!! ***It was a pleasure and I definitely will return to this hotel in the future.***

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the 1st floor to avoid stairs if you have a large party and lots of baggag...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you KT-rex for writing a review! We hope that we can be of service again if you need accommodations in the area!
Shippensburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

All in all, not a bad experience. Was greeted as a Priority Member with goodie bag which was very nice. Staff at desk was very courteous and helpful. Seemed pretty nice at first glance. I agree with the pool AC control. I hate those "environmental" units. I want my room COLD when I get back and am ready to sleep/relax....not having to wait for it to sense me in room. Also, I understand it is an Extended Stay place while AWAY from home working...but...it shouldn't be allowed to BE someone's home...I think there are people living there. Now I don't have a problem with that concept but it doesn't give people a right to use the entire building as a home. Also, they should run a shuttle 24 hours and provide a better airport parking option. We actually stayed there and booked parking with the hotel down the street which ran a great shuttle service and low parking cost. Would I stay here again?? If I had points to use for free....wouldn't pay...

Room Tip: I would say corner rooms but definitely away from elevators with all people there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We are so happy to receive comments like this. It is only with feedback from our guests that we can continue to find ways to improve our hotel and service.

Many of our guests do use our Extended Stay Hotel as their home away from home, oftentimes, they are in town for a period of time on a contract or project. Some are even in between homes.

Since we are an Extended Stay Hotel, we do not provide airport Shuttle service. It just does not make sense for the majority type of traveler that we attract. Usually those that stay with us are working locally and have their own transportation or renal cars. At ONE time we did have an Airport Shuttle, but found it just was not getting used.

At Candlewood Suites, we focus on what we do best! That is provide temporary housing to that person who is looking for a solution for their longer than average stay in town. We can offer a GREAT SUITE with a Fully Equipped Kitchen, making those meal options much more affordable and sometimes healthier by being able to WALK to the local Supermarket and purchase food items to be prepared in their OWN Home Away From Home Suite!

We again, love all our Trip Advisor Comments and look forward to continuing to be the leader in the Extended Stay Hotels in the Dulles Area!
Somerset, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Awful!! First I noticed all the aimless men in the parking lot when I arrived. There were even more haning around at midnight when I returned from going out. Not a environment that made me feel safe at all. Next, the a/c goes off every time you leave the room, so you always get to come back to a nice HOT room, and they don't believe in using the a/c units in the hallways so it is muggy and hot going to and from your room. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it sure is run down. I guess they don't believe in maintenance either. Fixtures crooked and some coming out of the ceilings and walls. The pillows are indescribable, BRING YOU OWN PILLOW!! Thank God I did. The table that you're supposed eat and work on is broken and damn near falling over. The ONE TV in this tiny room is very small. I'm staying in a "standard" room, which I didn't realize was CODE for "studio". It is smaller then the average hotel room, and has a half a kitchenette stuffed in it. There are only 3 DRAWERS for your clothing and stuff. The shower was unclean, which I find replusive. The light in the bathroom is forever popping and making sounds not matter how long you leave it on. This room is WAY OVER PRICED. For 126 dollars a night I expect so much more the this low rent hotel room. I wish yelped offered a ZERO stars choice, I would have used it. I will never stay here again, in this town or any other. The staff are extremely rude and unprofessional. THIS IS A RUN DOWN, UNCLEAN SLEEZY HOTEL, AND IF IT WASN'T SO CLOSE TO DULLES AIRPORT THEY BE LUCKY TO GET 40 BUCKS A NICE. DISGUSTING. The coffee pot was missing a foot so it sat crooked, the dishwasher was beat all to heck. There are NO ammenities at this hotel by the way. With every single light on it is still dim in the rooms. I was locked out of my room while going to get the luggage cart before check out time. This was a huge ordeal and a horrible stay, I really can't say enough negative things about this place, and I'd be hard pressed to think of anything positive. There snack/tv dinner room was a joke, they had barely anything to eat. Totally out of ALL ice cream, nothing but a few bags of chip and some gross marie calendar tv dinners. Really lame. Do youself a favor, pay the extra for somewhere else, almost anywhere else (except the Suburban) it almost ajoining this hotel and it probably worse, if that could be possible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We would like to first thank all of our guests who post comments, this is how we are able to continually improve our hotel and services.

This hotel is in a nice, business park and suburban area. We are not quite sure what was going on this evening this guest is referring to, but most of the time it is quiet, and our guests and staff feel very safe being here.

This summer was one of the hottest on record in Northern Virginia, our hallway air conditioner units are always on cool and working hard to keep the building comfortable. The suites do have a sensored unit which is our effort to keep our hotel Green and help the USA to save energy. Although, if a request is made to keep the unit running, we can always accommodate that.

Our Spacious Studio Suite is 336 SQ FT. It has a FULLY Equipped kitchen including a Full Size Refrigerator with Ice Maker, microwave, and all the dishes needed to make this a comfortable home away from home. In 2011 EVERY suite was replaced with a FLAT SCREEN 32"TV which we receive rave comments about! We are not an airport hotel, but we do offer great rates for weekly stays or more.

This Candlewood Suites does not have a restaurant or Dinner room, but in The Candlewood Cupboard, one can find simple, convenient items to get you through the afternoon, like Bottled Water, Soda, Muffins, or an array of candy to choose from until you can get to the SUPER WALMART, located walking distance from the hotel to stock up on you meals for the week! What a great way to continue ones diet by stocking your own refrigerator with food items that YOU choose!

At this Candlewood Suites Sterling one can enjoy GREAT Amenities, like FREE Internet Access, Exercise Room, FREE Coffee 24 hours a day provided by Maxwell House, and FREE use of Washers and Dryers.

We know that this newer, 8 years young hotel, is the best choice in town for ones extended stay travel needs, to the Dulles area!
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

While not a fan of extended stay hotels or similar suite style motels I was impressed with the cleanliness and upkeep of this property. This is a high use motel but management and service seem to be on the ball. Although they were very busy when we arrived they still gave us an upgrade that was needed at a minimal cost. The area is nice in design and is close to the airport. No free breakfast here that I know of but with Hotwire it was a good value.

Room Tip: Often you will find companies send a group of workers to a place like this if their is a long term p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments on the Cleanliness of our hotel! Our goal is to have every single guest have a quality experience such as yours. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with others and are humbled by your kind words. It would be our pleasure to help you plan your next day of relaxation at the Candlewood. We look forward to serving you again. This is a great place to work and stay.

Warmest Regards.

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!