I stayed at this hotel for a week during a relocation to the Washington DC area. I stayed here because of the proximity to one of my sales stops in Leesburg VA. This hotel is quite a distance away from DC (especially in traffic) and I do not recommend it for lodging if you are visiting the capital. The room was very clean and stocked with plenty of toiletries for the week. Because this is an extended stay hotel, your bed will not be made and towels changed unless you request it and pay for it. Towels are exchanged at the front desk which is kind of annoying, but it's their policy. Laundry is free at this hotel which was appreciated because I did need to do laundry and they sell detergent etc right in the pantry. There are grocery stores nearby though if you had to buy a lot for a long stay. In the lobby, there are about 20 takeout menus for guests to order from or right up the block are 3 strip centers with plenty of choices. The pnatry sells snacks and microwavable meals (1 dollar for a small bag of pretzels is a lot when you can buy a giant bag at the store for a dollar more) and drinks. It's on the honor system so you fill out the slip with what you purchased and drop it in the box. I never saw anyone take advantage. The gym has 2 treadmills, and elliptical, a bike, and some weights which was good enough for my stay. The bed was comfortable for an extended stay and I liked the size of the desk to work from. The TV had ALL local and cable channels which was great unlike some hotel chains that have just the basics. Parking was adequate and is free. Because this is an extended stay you will see people walking around in their pajamas to do laundry, etc. The hotel was ok with it, but it does attract a certain type of traveler. Pets are allowed for a fee, and I did see some small dogs. I booked this hotel on Priceline and got a phenomenal rate and I recommend that you research rates nearby and bid lower. It is a great hotel if you are flying in and out of Dulles airport. I believe the hotel has a complimentary shuttle that it shares with Suburban Inns and Suites which is right next door. The front desk is not manned after 11pm so if you need anything or have questions, keep that in mind. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An All-Suite Hotel with Full Kitchens, ample free parking, and Candlewood Values abound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Sterling
- Candlewood Sterling
- Sterling Candlewood Suites