“Out of Date but Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Hedgesville, West Virginia
“Out of Date but Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

The room was clean and tidy, but the fixtures and decor was out of date. The bedding was clean but seemed worn out. The kitchenette, again tidy, but the cabinets were coming off the hinges a bit. The only thing that appeared new was the television. The bed was almost completely against the wall on one side, making it difficult to get in and out. I was just expecting a lttle nicer of a place. I would rate this an average hotel, but probably would not stay again unless there were no other nice places nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
We appreciate the comments by this customer. We are 8 years new and have begun to undergo renovations. We have recently added 32 inch flat screen TV's and new beds in all the suites. Later this year Candlewood will be launching a new and updated bedding package to include more pillows, and plusher blankets and linen. The kitchens at this hotel are full kitchens with full size refrigerators, microwaves, 2 burner stove tops equipped with pots, pans, and dishes. A guest can shop at the Super Walmart located just blocks from the hotel 24 hours a day!

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We traveled as a family with our 13 year old son and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean, fresh-smelling and equipped with all that we needed for cooking in the room. The staff was both friendly and helpful. Our son enjoyed the 24 hour cupboard and he and I spent 2 days exploring the Smithsonian Air and Space museum that is located near the Dulles airport -- about 15 minutes away. The location was convenient for my husband's work and we all appreciated the Walmart & Sam's Club that are in walking distance of the hotel. We were also able to make the short drive to DC over the weekend to see the monuments/other attractions.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We love that we can provide a safe, clean, and comfortable place to stay while traveling with your family or alone on business travel. This hotel is conveniently located walking distance to the Super Walmart, Dulles Mall, and dozens of restaurants. This hotel is also a great location for local business travelers working at Orbital Sciences, AOL, Verizon, Raytheon and SAIC. We appreciate comments like this one helping us to spread the word that Candlewood truly is "a comfort of home!"
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Knowing that I was going to be working in the Sterling, VA area away from my home State; I solicited some information about this hotel from Michael Fortner. He gave great me information and pictures about this hotel, which peaked my interest enough for me to make a reservation. Once I arrived, I was delighted because the place was more than I expected. Viet, Rosa Maria and the rest of the staff are so accommodating. The place was so well equipped that it felt like home. The location of the hotel is also very convenient for shopping and dining. I will always choose the Candlewood Suites in Sterling, VA whenever I am in the area!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

My wife and I were treated as honored guests throughout our five month stay. The hotel staff defined the true meaning of service as they made every effort possible to meet our needs. Their dedication to duty and responsibility was consistently evident throughout each day. Friendly smiles and greetings were the norm, not the exception. We consider the staff our friends.

The facilities, although not new, were maintained well above average adding to the responsibility and significance of the success demonstrated by the staff. The rooms are comfortable and quiet adding to the balance of a positive stay while dealing with the uncertainties of travel.

The location is ideal with ready availability to a wide variety of shopping and restaurants within walking distance and even more with a short, hotel provided, shuttle ride.

This hotel would be my first choice when I return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
It was such a pleasure to have you in our hotel! It is comments like yours that help us to continue to strive better and better to provide each guest with greatest service possible! Thank you!
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This hotel was perfect! The rooms are equipped with everything you could possibly need including a full kitchen with dishwasher and full refridgerator. It reminded me of a nice clean apartment rather than a hotel room. This place really was all about quality. The bed was so comfortable. They even offer free WiFi. The staff was incredibly friendly. Viet at the front desk was really great answering all my questions, giving directions around the area and even suggested some great restaurants (there were a ton close by!). Viet even offered to have the hotel shuttle take me there. I will definitely be using this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for comments like these! It makes me love my job even more knowing that I have wonderful people like Viet at the Front Desk that help our guests with their needs time and time again!
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed here two seperate times in December and I was extremely satisfied both times. From the moment you walk in, you feel like you are at your home away from home. The front desk staff were all friendly and very helpful. The room was immaculate, something I'm not used to, and I'm on the road over 300 days a year. Beds are very comfortable, some of the better nights of sleep I've had in a while. A special mention to the GM, Leila. She was there to help whenever we needed it and was always available to the guests. The kitchen area also had a dishwasher, which is a big plus. There are plenty of dining options within a mile of the hotel and a Wal-Mart right next door. This is one of the best hotels I've visited in a long time and I will definitely stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
I have been the General Manager at this hotel since opening 6 years ago. I still feel honored each day for be being able to provide 'fantastic' service and compfortable sleeping rooms for all of our travelers on a day to day basis.
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Relaxing place to stay. Everything is easy and done for you. I didn't have anything to worry about. The room was clean, comfortable beds!, WIFI, and wonderful employees- easy to talk to and very helpful!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling? Share your experiences!