“Awesome Thai place & a great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Sterling, Virginia
“Awesome Thai place & a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This Thai food place has the best Tom Kai Gai soup & the best Chicken drunken noodles in town.
Also go for the Pad Thai, the Green curry with chicken & some Thai ice tea!
Great place to take a date or the whole family! My kids like the chicken satay with a side of rice!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Sterling, VA
“Little TLC involved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I bought takeout the other day from Pattaya Thai. I ordered Cashew Chicken. The chicken and vegetables were swimming in a bath of grease and oil. It is absolutely noting like what I have experienced in other Thai Restaurants. Pattaya Thai is to Thai Cuisine what Panda Express is to Chinese Cuisine. Overall: Tasteless, greasy, and one of the worse Thai meals I have ever had. I recommend China Way (a block down across the street from Big Lots) if you want a decent Asian takeout.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Texas
“Doesn't look like much, but spectacular food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Highly impressed with this one based on previous reviews. The food was outstanding, served hot and very quickly. Far better that any other Thai place I've been throughout my travels. Hope to be able to come back here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Powhatan, Virginia
“Excellent value and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This small restaurant is located in a shopping center that is half vacant but, don't be deterred, it's worth a visit. I ordered Pad Thai with beef, for $9.95 I got a large plate that I couldn't finish. Flavorful without being too spicy.

• Visited March 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Good service, reasonable prices, so-so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I hate to dissent from all the positive reviews. Our view may be tainted by the fact that about three weeks earlier we’d visited our favorite Thai restaurant, Koh Tomyums in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong. By contrast, our meal at Pattaya Thai was disappointing. The shrimp cake was mushy inside, not springy. The missus’ green curry was watery. Worse, she asked for “the mildest possible’’ version and wound getting something too hot to finish. My drunken noodles were spicy too -- but I wanted them that way; I found the dish tasty and the portion more than generous. Service was friendly and prompt. The price was reasonable. But for the most part the food was a letdown.

• Visited December 2011