“Consistently outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 187 Restaurants in Sterling
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reston, va
“Consistently outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Awesome combination every time: food, service, value. They have the best ribs...every time. Their breads and rolls, salads, and every meal make it hard to choose what to order. Try their firecracker shrimp...you'll love it. I gravitate to their ribs...have had ribs in many states and places, and their ribs are the best....outstanding quality meats. Every Sweetwater restaurants is great....definitely 5 stars all around.

• Visited April 2014

Colorado Springs
“Best salmon in fifty years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Salmon has been my favorite dinner for over fifty years. Sweetwater's Short Smoked Salmon filet set a new high standard against which all salmon will be measured from today forward. Lightly smoked, deliciously seasoned, and perfectly grilled, my pallet is very happy right now.
The service by Ghyslaine made this evening a delightful dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My second trip to sweet water and not disappointed. It was crowded so we waited at the bar. Steven was a great host at the bar for us. Great service. Ended up sitting outside and had the filet. Great. Will be back on next business trip.

Frederick, Maryland
“Lovely outdoor eating and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I ate at Sweetwater Tavern in Sterling on our way to see a show at Wolf Trap. The weather was perfect so we wanted somewhere with outdoor eating. It was a Friday so we arrived a little early and they were able to see us on the "covered deck" which was perfect because we could enjoy the weather without being directly in the sun. The outdoor area is very pretty and overlooks a pond area. The vibe was lively but not too loud.

The service was really fantastic. I think our server was Emily and she was great! She was very attentive and helpful.

We started with drinks and my husband tried their Naked River Light beer which he really enjoyed and I had a delicious and refreshing watermelon margartia. We then shared an order of Crab Fritters that were fantastic and split the Rib Eye dinner. The Rib Eye was cooked perfectly as we ordered and I added an extra salad with goat cheese and pecans that was delicious. Everything was beautifully prepared and appetizing. I finished with a specialty coffee that was also very good. The price was very reasonable for everything we had. We loved the outdoor area and it was a very convenient location. We definitely will be back!

• Visited May 2014
Ashburn, Virginia
“Absolute favorite restaurant, Don't pay $40+ for a steak elsewhere...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I absolutely love Sweetwaters. It is where I go as often as possible to get a filet. I have eaten at all of the high end steakhouses in the area, and I would still rather come here to eat. Not only is the food always amazing, but the service is even better. There is no worry about something not being right, the staff will fix it for you with no questions asked.

As a bonus, the deck at this location overlooks a retention pond, it makes for great summer happy hours.

• Visited June 2014