“Thoroughly enjoyed!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 209 Restaurants in Sterling
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Thoroughly enjoyed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great team service, very friendly and attentive staff. Beautiful setting on the creek, had a table in the covered patio. Started with blue crab fritters(terrific flavor and sauce). Loved the ozzie rolls. I had the drunken rib eye which was very tender and flavorful. My husband had the baby back ribs and said he had not had ribs that good in a very long time. I wish we had this restaurant back home.

• Visited May 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I sat in the bar to watch a little hockey and have a bite to eat. Atmosphere was good. Service was great. I will definitely return next time I am in Sterling.

Coaldale, Colorado
“Outstanding service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

When was the last time your server noticed your food wasn't the way you ordered it, offered to replace it, a free dessert, and sent over two levels of manager to apologize & offer to make it right? All without you saying a word about it.Twice here in a month & way surpassed even my heightened expectations. Everyone on their staff is dying to help you. Best service out there by a long shot.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Consistently Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We recently dined here for a late Sunday lunch. We didn't have to wait for a table, however we did have a difficult time trying to explain to the hostess that we needed a chair for a booster seat. We were eventually offered a large booth where we could have a chair with booster. Service was prompt, as usual. I had the Monterey salad, and it was very good. It's so good I order it almost each time I dine here. My husband had a burger and he said it was quite tasty. The other couple with us split a salad and an entree and they didn't even have to ask for a second plate. Our drinks were refilled, without us asking, before we were finished. We asked for extra bread and it was brought out by another server and then our server came back to see if we needed more. We had no problem getting a split check and I was able to use a survey coupon for a complimentary dessert.

Parking can be tight as there are a couple of other restaurants sharing the parking lot. They do have call ahead seating. We'll be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Just great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

For over the past 3 years I have been to Sweetwater Tavern more than a dozen times, on business, entertaining clients and on my own. It is always busy which I take as proving its always good, and it is. You will have to get there for 6pm if you don't want to wait too long and you have to be there, no reservations on a week night. When you arrive you will be greeted by someone who wants you to have a good time, you will be given a buzzer 'table ready' reminder and you can either wait in the corridor or at the bar; you should head straight to the bar, its lively and has a good atmosphere. If it is really busy order the sampler of beers and a few appetizers, they will set you up for a good 10 to 20 minute wait.

I can only add to the previous reviewers statements regarding the food - its so good and the waiting staff always tempt you with the dish of the day, I can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013