“Authentic Chinese Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
new york
“Authentic Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant serves authentic Hong Kong style Cantonese chinese food, dim sum and all. I was in awe finding this place. This restaurant serves the real deal so if you are looking for a run-of-the-mill American Chinese food, you will be quite pleasantly surprised by their menu. There is no buffet here, just traditional service, table service or takeout order.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sing Z

IAD
“Decent Dim Sum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not a grand restaurant, but the Dim Sum was good. The carts did not get logged up which normally happens in a Dim Sum Cart Restaurant. The Price was moderate. The Place was clean. Parking was easy since it was in the same lot as the Giant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sterling, VA
“Best Cantonese food in the Sterling area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Since re-discovering Golden King (it was recently re-opened as a more traditional sit-down Cantonese style Chinese food restaurant) - I have been there every week! They offer dim sum (carts on the weekends, order by menu on the weekdays) that is equivalent to the other dim sum restaurants in the McLean area but for me it is local and cheaper! But their dinner dishes are what has me sold. My wife is originally from NYC and I from NJ - so we're used to eating at authentic Cantonese style Chinese food restaurants up north. The food at Golden King is close enough to the NYC restaurants to satisfy our craving. The waiters and waitresses mostly speak Cantonese so if you speak the language it is helpful. But they speak English too of course.

In terms of pricing for the dinner dishes - they are very reasonable - and in some cases cheaper than NYC restaurants.

My favorite dish in general is Pan Fried Noodles - and Golden King makes a great one. Get it with pork for extra flavor.

I will definitely be back again and again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ryan C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Under new ownership”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A couple of years ago, I remember eating here when it still offered the buffet. I don't really remember too much about it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't too bad, since I agreed to meet family there again last night. And that's when I found out that the restaurant was under new ownership. Apparently, the new owner did away with the buffet and went to an a la carte menu.

There were 14 in our party so there was quite a few different dishes that were ordered. I'm not going to outline every single item, but let me say that there wasn't a dish that was bad. All the food was freshly cooked, evident by the temperature of the food as it hit our mouths, and all of it was delicious. As for value, you can't beat it for the amount and quality of food you get.

This is a place we will be returning to for good, authentic, Chinese food.

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta
“one of the best hotel delivery meals I've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Stuck in the hotel with limited options. The hotel 'sponsored' restaurant wasn't open (and charged unreasonable minimum and delivery charges) so I called this other listed choice. Delicious, hot food arrived quickly - well-prepared with all the extras needed.
Prawns Two Kinds and California Roll became one of the best meals I've ever eaten in a hotel room.