“Excellent Seafood restaurant in Sterling!” 5 of 5 stars

703-444-5400
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain Mas seafood & Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 190 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Herndon, Virginia
“Excellent Seafood restaurant in Sterling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I came here with the bf for our anniversary. Most amazing crab cakes! They don't use that breaded crap as a filler, just pure crab meat. This is the best crab cake I've ever had I am from Maryland and I can tell you these are THE BEST! I dare you to doubt me!!!Definitely this is a "special occasion" restaurant. Everything about this place validates its menu prices. Best seafood restaurant I have been to on the east coast. Anniversary or birthday dinner, you definitely want to go here. Wow what a night.! Service also amazing!

The chocolate cake is the best I have ever tasted. It's is absolutely unreal.

Go. Just go.
Decor: Beautiful. It looked like something out of cruise ship...in a good way.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“The food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went there with some friends who raved about the place. Upon entering the place, the owners were there to greet everyone...nice touch.
As soon as we sat down, we were given their homemade seafood seasoned chips...wow! Really nice.
My friends orderd crab cake sandwiches and I had the Frutti Di Mare appetizer...not bad, but the shrimp was kind of chewy. I ordered the oyster Po Boy sandwich and it was delicious. The crab cake sandwiches were HUGE, and they loved it. Both orders came with a choice of regular or sweet potato fries...done fresh.
This is truly a great place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Overland Park, Kansas
“Pricey (considering) but worth a try!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were anxiously waiting for the restaurant to open because the location in this strip center has been vacant for a long long time (was a Ruby Tuesday). The menu is extensive and there are some surprises for sure (seafood paella, nice!) but what jumped out was the price. I know they tout themselves as a fresh seafood restaurant but the prices seem high for a neighborhood strip mall eatery and the portion is not big. It's not fancy by any means and actually looked pretty much the same as the old restaurant. 6 oz filet is $32, surf & turf (lobster - maybe 1 1/4 lb? - and 6 oz file) for $45, and seafood paella for $25 are just some examples. Service was ok, food took a long time to arrive (maybe because they've only been open for a week, not sure), and we had to send the well done filet back (we asked for medium). We got a free dessert for the inconvenience and I have to say the desserts were fabulous - from NYC according to our server. We may give it another try in a few months after they get their operations down.

• Visited April 2013