“Awesome atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Chester County, PA
“Awesome atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a fairly new restaurant, so there are some bugs that are getting worked out. But the food is great and the beers are plenteous! Beautiful eating area. I've had the Delmarvas Southern Cobb Salad, the Tender Jacks, the Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich, and some of the sides. You HAVE to try the Fried Pickles!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tysons Corner, Virginia
“Great Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great Selection of Beers and although it's a southern kitchen they had very healthy selection of food and salads.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fast food quality food...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

...with fast food quality service, at a premium price. My girlfriend and I tried visiting on opening night. When we walked into the door, there was immediate mass confusion with others already congregated in the area. The restaurant has a unique concept, without anyone to explain the concept. Eventually someone told us all to get in line at the counter. The line was painfully slow, and the only menu was right behind the cashiers and not within view until you should be ready to order.

I ordered country fried steak and my girlfriend had crab mac n cheese. Our total was about $34 for food alone. We asked where we got beers, and we were told someone would be by our table (this is confusing, because if I already paid, do I need to pay again for my beer?) The cashier didn't mention anything about water or fountain drinks, so we assumed our server would get those as well. We paid for our food at the counter... interestingly there was a tip line on my receipt, but I'm not willing to pre-tip for a service I haven't received yet.

We sat down, and began to wait. A long, painful wait it was. There were no managers or employees in site other than those at the counter (which required waiting in the long line). We were both very thirsty, as we did not have water or beers yet. About 20 minutes later, a runner brought our food out, and at this point no one had been by to take our drink orders. I asked the runner how we got drinks, and she offered to take our beer orders. I asked about water, and I was told I had to get back in line at the counter to get cups from the cashier (I assume this would have been too difficult for her just to get for us).

We finished eating our food, and our beers still hadn't arrived. At that point, we simply got up and left after finishing an entire meal with no beverages. I wish I could have brought this to management's attention, but there were no employees to be found.

The food was of poor quality for the price we paid. The quantities were also very small for the price paid.

I would not recommend this restaurant to even my enemies. This place obviously opened before they were ready. The whole time while we were eating, more confused guests kept walking into the restaurant. Many just turned around and left as there was no one to even tell them what to do. I wouldn't call this poor management and service, I would call this non-existent management and service.

You can't grow a new restaurant with bad food, high prices, a confusing (and quite honestly, dumb) concept, no service, and inexperienced or incompetent management.

I've seen a lot of similar themes in reviews on this site and on Yelp (which currently has more reviews of this restaurant). I suggest that management carefully read all of these reviews and document those themes and make changes as soon as possible. Restaurants do not get bailed out when they fail... so change soon, or this corner lot will soon be vacant once again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go for a beer but don't waste your money on food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

A Friday night. Husband and I were very excited to try out a new place very near our home. Walk in and no one at the door. Customers leaving the place tell us that you need to get in a line and order food up front so we do. Definitely not a place to go on a date. First person we encounter - a giggly cashier who, after I order, tells us that the sandwiches are not available in the evenings. We pay for the food and sit down. Waiters and waitresses pass by without stopping to take a drink order. Finally, we get up and go to the bar to get our own beer. Wait for awhile to get a beer- the bartenders move like molasses. In fact, there is no energy in the entire place- no good vibe. The only plus is that the beer selection is awesome and prices are reasonable. Food is brought out to our table. Seriously undercooked chicken wings. O.k. turkey burger and crab cakes that are not fresh. Will we be back? Maybe for a beer while sitting at the bar but certainly not for the food or the service or the atmosphere. My thoughts are that this place needs to shape up fast or it will not survive.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Surprisingly good food and beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were planning and grabbing a sandwich around the corner then saw that this place finally opened and decided to give it a try. The only drawback was that you have to go up to the counter and order your food, we really just wanted to sit down and order especially because we weren't familiar with the menu. Anyhow, I had the half club sandwich which was very good with a cup of chili, also tasty. Our 6 year old got the Mac and cheese which he didn't like much, but it was actually delicious and I think most people would like as well. Our 2 year old had the chicken tenders, delicious! My husband got the salsa burger and he said it was good, seed to need a touch of salt. Everything tasted very fresh and I am looking forward to going back for sure. Beer was good too! I had the lag units little sump in' sump in' ale and highly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere