“Nice surprise find” 4 of 5 stars

703-430-7625
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bungalow Lakehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 205 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palisades Parkway
Washington, DC
“Nice surprise find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went there for a business dinner and was pleasantly surprised. Its a large restaurant with a sports bar area and a more upscale dining area. The whole place feels like they put some care into the layout. Staff is very good and food was the best part. We had meat eaters and vegetarians in our group and everyone was well accommodated with items off the menu. The flatbreads are especially good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sterling, Virginia
“Good food, but misses out everywhere else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice. The first time it had just opened. The adult food was good. The kids received frozen chicken tenders. I don't see how a restaurant that serves the kind of food they do for adults can serve kids frozen food. I expect the same quality for my kids. Needless to say, neither kid ate their food. The service was also atrocious and the whole restaurant smelled like tobacco. We recently went back hoping they got their act together. It still smelled terrible and the wait staff still seemed like they would rather be doing anything but wait on us. The food was good, though. I'm not really impressed with their appetizer where you pick different dips. They are all pretty lackluster IMO. Overall, I think I am pretty much over this restaurant. Although the food is good, there are other restaurants in the area where you can get better service and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
STERLING
“Great new sports bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great selection of beers, drinks, food. Great service. I do wish they could find a way to keep the cigar smoke from drifting down the patio though...maybe add some fans or smoke filtering machines? The patio is wonderful on a beautiful day. Watching sports on the many screens is awesome. Love football games here.

Visited July 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A group of us (with little kids) went her for dinner. I have driven past this restaurant many times, but have never stopped in...until last night. It was much nicer than I was expecting.

The atmosphere was a little dark, but nice. Everything seemed very clean. The staff was very friendly. There was an outdoor patio overlooking the lake where a lot of people were haning out. (I will probably come back another time to enjoy the patio!) There were also a pleasant number of people coming-and-going. It had a vibrant feel to the place.

I have to admit that when I opened the menu, I was a bit surprised at the entree prices. They were higher than I was expecting (I'd guess an average of $25 per entree). I ended up ordering a crab cake (from the appetizer menu), plus a side salad. I am a crabcake snob and this one PASSED MY TEST!!! It was really delicious.

I will definitely be coming back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice place for drinks, food, and sports.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just discovered this place from a recommendation from a friend and we were glad we visited. Best place to watch sports and drink & eat. Great atmosphere and great food. Very nice bar. Has cigar & smoking area which is a plus for us! We had the bbq chicken sandwich and blueberry cobbler. Nice selection of beer and liquor. Definitely have to check this place out if you live in the area!

• Visited July 2013