“Proper Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 219 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: They also have a pizzaria, which I have not tried yet, in Leesburg, VA
Auckland, NZ
“Proper Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've been staying at a local hotel as part of a 2-week business trip. After having the hotel breakfast once I decided that we had to find other arrangements. Joe's was nearby so we gave it a try. Proper American diner, full of hearty food for a good price, and friendly waitresses who seem to enjoy working there. Needless to say, we have been there every morning and will do so until we leave. If you find somewhere better, then good on you, but you won't need to look because Joe's is simply great!

• Visited July 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Diner with a smile - Plenty of good food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went to Joe's for breakfast on the recommendation of a family member who had read a local review. Diner like, low key atmosphere, very friendly staff, great food choices, quick service & reasonable prices AND a cook who knows how to fix grits the proper way! All the family that live in the area plan to make Joe's a regular breakfast stop.

Visited June 2013
Northern VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“we love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

we try to go to Joe's a few times a month for breakfast or an early lunch. Everyone is always friendly and the food is always good. The wait moves fast. Try its sister location on Sterling Blvd with later hours which caters to lunch/dinner. We order from there weekly. Equally good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
State College, Pennsylvania
“great food, surprisingly good service too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stopped here because it was on our way. It was surprisingly good considering it is out in the suburbs, and not too expensive. For breakfast we had a lot of food. Some other reviews recommended the chorizo & eggs, which my boyfriend had. He liked it a lot. I thought it was good too but a bit spicy for my wimpy taste. I had a combo with french toast, sausage, eggs, and grits. It was too much food for me but I was really happy that they had grits as an option for the side. The service was fast and attentive; it seems like they have plenty of staff. If we are ever in the area, we will definitely come here again.

Visited January 2013
yankpara
“Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The place is always packed, which is about the best indicator there is about a restaurant in my opinion. The staff is excellent and, as another reviewer said, makes you feel like an old friend. They serve breakfast all day for good reason - it's the best in town. The French Toast is probably the best I've ever had and everything that comes with it is top notch. They offer a wide selection of breakfast meats - bacon, sausage, even scrapple, as well as corned beef hash, sausage gravy and chipped beef. I leave after eating a brunch so filling I make it to dinner with no problem.

• Visited December 2012