“Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 190 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Business Insider. Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Washingtonian Magazine. Voted "Best Burger Patty" by Washington Post. BGR The Burger Joint is helping lead the better burger market with a menu designed around our commitment to using only the highest quality ingredients. BGR's menu is designed around an exclusive blend of Prime, Dry-aged burgers, grilled over an open flame. Menu offerings include burgers, veggie burger, grilled chicken, turkey burger, lamb burger, ahi tuna burger, hot dog, kids meals, regular fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, asparagus, handspun shakes, side salads, lettuce wraps, salad bowls and beer/wine and other seasonal specialties. Gluten Free options include: regular fries, sweet potato fries, side salad, salad bowl (any burger on a salad), lettuce wrap, asparagus.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Our food was good but small burgers with a high price. My husband left hungry and had to go home and eat something else. Bigger burgers for a better price elsewhere. Nice atmosphere in comfortable weather when they roll up the walls (like garage doors).

Visited June 2012

Smyrna, Delaware
“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our son works near here. I was visiting from out of town and Friday nite it was getting late when we were finishing up an outside project. He asked what I felt like and I said where can we get a great burger that we aren't going to have to wait for forever as it is primetime Friday night? He says get in the car I have the spot. So just minutes away from the Ashburn area here we go. It was very busy but the gentleman at the counter went thru everything with me and before we knew it he had our orders and our little buzzer. It wasn't long at all before we had our food. I chose the sliders. Excellent. Cooked just right. My son enjoyed a veggie style burger that I tasted and sure wasn't your standard bocca veggie burger...hand made. We also ordered parmesean and garic fries to try...amazing. plenty to drink as the machines are right there. Can't wait to take my hubby on our next trip over. Excellent

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“Made to order & best burger join in Sterling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

eaten there a few times and wait can be longer than most burger houses, but this is the best joint by far. seating very limited, but good music and good food!

Visited September 2012
Washington, DC
“Great Food Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We come here about once a month. We visit different locations but this one is closest. The food is great but the service here is terrible.
Last night we waited in line for 20 min because the cashier was very slow. They refused to open the second register.
This is what happened as I waited for my burger:
1. A guy ordered rosemary and garlic fries, got Parmesan fries. The server then just threw some rosemary and garlic salt on the fries and said "here"
2. A lady came back with a finger nail in her burger
3. Every burger was cooked incorrectly, some were burned

They could have easily fixed the long line by getting rid of the high school cashier who didn't know how to operate the machine or familiar with the menu.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, VA
“Nice idea, but failed to impress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been meaning to add this to the list of joints I tried so we headed down and got a regular burger and a Wellington. Like most burger joints, I like how they have a board of all the different burgers and they have sweet potato fries too. Both burgers were dry and charred black though. The texture was much like the frozen burgers I have in my freezer. Their special "mojo" sauce did add a bit to it, but this place just didn't do it for me.

Visited September 2012