“Excellent Indian Restaurant !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 206 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Indian
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent Indian Restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a number of times, and we frequent various other Indian restaurants as well - but we keep coming back here because the food is excellent. The Tandoori dishes are very tasty, they have a wide variety of really good Naan, good wine and beer choices and the food is obviously prepared quite well.

Due to the location in a shopping center (ie; strip mall) your first reaction might be to think that this is not going to be a good restaurant, and that would be a huge mistake. If you like Indian food, you are going to enjoy the menu here, because we have been working our way through their menu and everything we have tried has been excellent.

They also have very good mango chutney !

Do yourself a favor, if you like Indian food, give this restaurant a try and I guarantee you that you will leave here happy !

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sterling, Virginia
“Awesome find for Regal Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was definitely not expecting much from Balti when we first decided to try it. At first, the restaurant seems like an unassuming Indian place in Regal Plaza, but my impressions definitely changed when I walked in! The restaurant looks quite nice on the inside, and the aroma was wonderful. The menu is typical of a family-owned Indian restaurant in NoVA, but the food was delicious. The Baingan Bharta (eggplant) and Balti Lamb are both winners. And the best part? They deliver!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia
“Best Indian in Northern VA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have dined here 3 or 4 times and the food is consistently delicious. Lived in London for
A few months and the curry here is as good as there. Have been disappointed with other Indian restaurants in the area and so pleased to find one so close to my home. The decor is nice.
Restaurant very clean and service friendly.
l

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Balti is a relatively new Indian restaurant that popped up in my area. I got coupons for buy one, get one free entree in the mail and decided to give it a try. Now I go at least every other week when I am in town. Excellent chai. Excellent korma (I like to order it in shrimp and staff has no problem accommodating that request even though that meat/sauce combo is not of the menu). The staff is very service oriented: can make dish accommodations, not pushy, will replace entree for free/no hassle if you are not satisfied with the way it is cooked. My favorites beyond the shrimp korma are bartha (eggplant) and the spinach pakora. Naan, paratha, and roti breads all look and taste the same to me (like naans at other restaurants) but are always tasty and fresh.

Visited July 2012
“Who'd believe you'd find Indian food this good in Sterling, VA?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This restaurant is located in a strip mall next to the Regal Countryside movie theatres on Route 7 across from Dulles Town Center. It is so nondescript that it took us a while to even realize it was there, even though we frequently see movies at Regal. In our experience, some of the best food we have ever eaten is cooked in these hole-in-the-wall family restaurants in suburban strip malls, and Balti is one of the best such places. We've been there twice in the past two weeks, and are going again tonight because this is where my wife wants to have dinner for her birthday. This should give you an idea of how much we like it. The food is really well prepared, the service very attentive, and the atmosphere pleasant and not too fancy. I especially like the palak paneer and the naan, but everything we have eaten there is quite good. They are very good about making sure the spiciness of the food is to American tastes. We will be going back often.