“The Baklava is worth the price of the whold dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Sterling, Virginia
“The Baklava is worth the price of the whold dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

So my wife and I had never eaten Moroccan food before, and realizing this we decided to try Zeitoon. We started with Zaalouk (Breaded Eggplant) as an appetizer which we both found rather average, and then we had Tagine Cornish Hen and Tagine Lamb. Tagine, I found out, is the reference to the colorful ceramic covers they use to slow cook the meal. Although my wife found the Cornish hen a bit dry, I thought the lamb was excellent. We both agreed that the spices used are wonderful, the tastes sublime, and the texture was wonderful in all the foods. The service was also great. The waiter was so enthusiastic that he sold the meals by himself. But the desert is what will draw us back. the Baklava, unlike Greek Baklava, is not so sweet so the flavors stand out much more. The taste, texture, presentation, whole package was wonderful. The total cost with tax and drinks was just north of $40, Don't let the store front style turn you away. I've found that restaurants can specialize in the ambiance or the food. I prefer to pay for the food. Great place to eat!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Virginia
“Small and very casual, food was tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is not a fancy dining out place; the atmosphere is very casual and it looks much like a take-out spot tucked into a strip mall, with only a few tables. But it is worth a visit for tasty Morroccan food that is hard to find in the area: tagines of chicken or lamb, bastilla (a savory-sweet chicken pastry in filo dough), and delicious mint tea. Some of the dishes are more generic middle eastern fare: baba ganoush eggplant dip with pita, or the baklava dessert. You could also have pizza or sandwiches, but those are available elsewhere. Stick to the Morroccan dishes, which your polite and attentive server will be glad to explain to you. We will definitely make a return trip.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn
“I didn't like the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The guy who served us was the owner and he was a nice guy with customer service but the food was so bad, we tried their Gyro. For my son I ordered a cheese pizza which was just a piece of bread and a bit of cheese (I can say as one slice of NY pizza and I paid $7 or $8 which I can have better food of kids menu at other places. I don't go back, thanks.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, VA
“A wonderful surprise in Sterling, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I made my first visit to Zeitoon last week and will definitely be back. We started the meal with baba ghanoush. It was very good as were the Tagines (I had Cornish hen, my husband had the lamb) but my favorite part was dessert. The baklava, which is homemade, was awesome. If you like middle eastern food, I would highly recommend a visit to Zeitoon. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
“Good food, good music.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was really good. They had 4 young men playing music when we were there and they were just awesome. The waitress which is the owner of the place was so nice. A bonus is that the desert is home made.

• Visited June 2013