“Great food, nice service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, nice service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I go to Zeitoon often for a few of their items that I love! Their Greek Pizza is AWESOME and the ingredients are always fresh! I love their Tanjine, it's amazing (Cornish Hen Tanjine and Lamb Tanjine)! Can never go wrong with these items.

If you get the Tanjine, ask for a side order of rice.

The owners are very sweet people and always have a smile on their face :)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ashburn, Virginia
“Below Average, pathetically tasteless, tiny quantity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am a lover of Mediterranean food and I have tried ton of restaurants with this cusine. Dont be misled by name...this place is nothing like Zytinya in DC. Here are my observations:
- Chicken kabobs were tiny, completely tasteless and hard
- Veggies which came with Chk were half burnt
- Pita bread was a joke, they gave me 2 really tiny pieces
- Falafel was not completely cooked, could see raw chikpeas filling inside

Average places like Moby Dick / Mezze grill provide much more delicious food. Feel sad for them but I am sure this place will not be around for long.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia
“Fabulous spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I live in the neighborhood and I have eaten at Zeitoon at least 10-20 times since it opened. The owner is friendly and greets you personally with a warm smile. The food is fantastic and very reasonably priced. Portions are very reasonable. The decor is beautiful -- someone spent a lot of time designing such a nice environment. It's just a wonderful little place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A place to come back to again and again, both for the wonderful food and the very friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I happened upon this place after getting lost following unclear directions to my destination and it turned out to be one of those rare happy accidents. Don't be fooled by this restaurant's location at a small, partially hidden shopping plaza - the food is fantastic! This modest but nicely decorated place turned out to be a gem of authentic, fresh Mediterranean food. They have so many delicious options that I have trouble limiting my order to just what I can eat in a single seating. They also serve decadent Mediterranean-style pizza, an additional plus. Numerous tasty options for both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Service is excellent - they always receive me with a warm smile the moment I walk in and treat me like family while I'm there. It's a place to go back to again and again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Potomac Falls, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We tried this place on the strength of the tripadvisor reviews. Bread is not made in the restaurant. Portions were kinda small. Overall, just ok.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere