“Fabulous spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Sterling, Virginia
“Fabulous spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I live in the neighborhood and I have eaten at Zeitoon at least 10-20 times since it opened. The owner is friendly and greets you personally with a warm smile. The food is fantastic and very reasonably priced. Portions are very reasonable. The decor is beautiful -- someone spent a lot of time designing such a nice environment. It's just a wonderful little place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

“A place to come back to again and again, both for the wonderful food and the very friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I happened upon this place after getting lost following unclear directions to my destination and it turned out to be one of those rare happy accidents. Don't be fooled by this restaurant's location at a small, partially hidden shopping plaza - the food is fantastic! This modest but nicely decorated place turned out to be a gem of authentic, fresh Mediterranean food. They have so many delicious options that I have trouble limiting my order to just what I can eat in a single seating. They also serve decadent Mediterranean-style pizza, an additional plus. Numerous tasty options for both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Service is excellent - they always receive me with a warm smile the moment I walk in and treat me like family while I'm there. It's a place to go back to again and again!

Potomac Falls, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We tried this place on the strength of the tripadvisor reviews. Bread is not made in the restaurant. Portions were kinda small. Overall, just ok.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kennelm
Virginia
“Try the Tomato Soup!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Came on a Friday night. The restaurant was quite empty. Service was quick and pleasant, and the place is new and very clean, very neat. Although the menu isn't very expansive, there was a good list of appetizers. We tried the pita bread and Tzatziki sauce. The pita was fresh and so was the sauce. There was a lot of cucumber chunks in it, rather than a runny thin dip. We then had the tomato soup. Delicious! We will come back for that all by itself. It was a beautiful color and full of flavor and just the right amount of cream and tomato chunks. Also, they squirt a little sour cream on top, in the shape of a "Z". :)
After that came the pizza we ordered, pepperoni. There are more adventurous pizzas on the menu, but we decided to go with the tried and true. They have this brick oven right up front behind the counter. And this is where they do their baking. Its been covered over in a blue/purple tile, very different. The pizza was on a very thin crust and very moist. I quite enjoyed it. My brother added oregano and red pepper flakes, I did not. Our bill for the two of us was about $25. We also ordered drinks and had the Ice Tea.

• Visited May 2012
DC Metro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We are so happy to have found Zeitoon. It is now one of our favorite places to eat and we are spreading the word! The Greek Pizza is wonderful! I have had it twice now and could eat it every week. My husband had the kufta sandwich with fries the first visit and both were very tasty. We look forward to dining there on a regular basis.

• Visited March 2012